Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plug

more investment at featherstone

83 posts in this topic

Not quite...and appearances can be deceptive.

The words are ' a more traditional....' In a game where a p and r is not traditional

We have had P&R for much of the last 40 years. That is what many RL fans will know.

To them its traditional.

What are you talking about? We won't be buying our way into SL as we've the opportunity to achieve promotion the right way now haven't we? Read the article, the investment isn't for second rate overseas players, its for developing facilities to promote excellence in young up and coming British lads.

so you know for certain P&R is on the way back? i haven't seen any official announcement.as for second rate over seas players? kevin brown, gareth hock, joey mellor, danny tickle etc etc etc all english and add to those that have come through the ranks like craven, owens, lawton, gore etc hardly a second rate overseas player amongst them unless you think rhys hanbury and hep cahill are second rate?

We have had P&R for much of the last 40 years. That is what many RL fans will know.

To them its traditional.

We used send children up chimneys for longer than that

Lets bring it back after all by your definition it's traditional

The reactionaries have hi jacked the word tradition

It's not victimisation, it's the situation it stems from being à team geographically trapped in an area with two 'larger' teams and the fact that rather than expanding the size of sl it is going to contract simple no room at the top.

The political overtures I mention stem from the obvious reluctance at the rfl to add more teams to sl.

You are right it isn't victimisation

It's victim hood and you provide to be honest a low level example of it

Widnes got a licence. Fev will, hopefully,get promoted. Widnes never put out a team remotely likely to win promotion when they were in the Championship.

did we not appear in two grand finals then? was i just dreaming that??

did we not appear in two grand finals then? was i just dreaming that??

Was that before you went bust?

Not quite...and appearances can be deceptive.

The words are ' a more traditional....' In a game where a p and r is not traditional

No, it was more traditional to have either one big league containing all clubs of widely differing strengths, or to have Eastern & Western Divisions containing those clubs, but those would be completely unworkable in the modern era. So, of all the past structural 'traditions' the game has had P&R is just about the best option.

The thing is people on here have a go at fans from the championship calling us doom and gloom mongers etc and saying all we do is moan and never have any praise for the game, but there the same people that come on topics like this trying to belittle what clubs like ours are doing

No: only the ones that moan all the time and whinge about unfairness and injustice and immorality.

I know if no example if what your club is doing being belittled for the work it is doing-just the opposite

Perhaps you can provide one