Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

George Zimmerman

56 posts in this topic

Not the ones I've read

If trayvon had had a gun would he have been entitled to shoot Zimmerman who was after all pursuing him and he'd done nothing wrong

Trayvon had done nothing to justify being shot and killed

Do you not find the case of the woman who was imprisoned disturbing? If she had shot her husband and killed him she would not have been imprisoned at all never mind for 20 years

How the holy f*ck do you arrive at this? I happen to believe in equality. Not equality as written by the Guardian and co but actual 'everyone is equal'

This means I don't decide that if there is an incident that I didn't witness or only know of second hand, I don't think 'well he's black, he's innocent and was fitted up'. Just like I don't think 'he is white, therefore guilty' OR Vice Versa.

I have read a lot about this in the last week and find most of the reaction to it by blacks in the US pretty racist if I am honest.

I arrive at this conclusion after reading all your posts about him being on a potential "burglary job" and eyeing up "previous property", not to mention your obsession with "blacks."

I arrive at this conclusion after reading all your posts about him being on a potential "burglary job" and eyeing up "previous property", not to mention your obsession with "blacks."

I am entitled to claim my supposing is as valid as anyone else's supposing.

As for your last line, lol.

Not the ones I've read

If trayvon had had a gun would he have been entitled to shoot Zimmerman who was after all pursuing him and he'd done nothing wrong

Trayvon had done nothing to justify being shot and killed

Do you not find the case of the woman who was imprisoned disturbing? If she had shot her husband and killed him she would not have been imprisoned at all never mind for 20 years

I don't know enough about US law to comment. Maybe there is more than one side to the story and you just believe hers because she is a woman

and must be telling the truth.

How do you know Trayvon Martin did nothing to justify being shot and killed? Were you there? Why was he beating the carp out of Zimmerman? Why did he call him a racist name? Pretty certain that if a white guy was shot after calling a black guy a racist name, the consensus would be 'that's one less racist"

This topic has clearly run its course and the arguments are becoming circular.

The defendant was found not guilty by a jury, and I think we should respect its decision.

Racial politics is a complex subject, particularly in the USA, but in this context I think we've exhausted the subject.

The thread is locked.