Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

The fightback starts this week... Knights v Whitehaven

42 posts in this topic

The fightback starts this week... Send us your thoughts on our huge home game with Whitehaven & you could be in the matchday magazine! ‪#‎13Knights‬

Who should play?

How should we play?

What do you think will happen?

Any good York v Keighley memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:

First Tryscorer:

MOM:

Att:

The fightback starts this week... Send us your thoughts on our huge home game with Whitehaven & you could be in the matchday magazine! ‪#‎13Knights‬

Who should play?

How should we play?

What do you think will happen?

Any good York v Keighley memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:

First Tryscorer:

MOM:

Att:

I remember when we beat Keighley earlier this season!

On another note, I think we need a better kicking plan and a bit more organisation and more ideas on attack.

######. I blame the heat...

21 Jul KO:15:00 Championship Rd: 20
York City Knights v Whitehaven RLFC
Huntington Stadium

Ref: D Merrick

Big Dave! good appointment is that. Won't take any cr-p and will let the game be what it is. Happy.

Great ref . Just what we need an organised ref how wont take no poo .

On another note, I think we need a better kicking plan and a bit more organisation and more ideas on attack.

Sounds awfully familiar.

GT continuing to work the 'magic' as he did at Batley then.

Sounds awfully familiar.

No - just due to been short of our main half back due to suspension

Sounds awfully familiar.

GT is doing a pretty good job so far on a very limited budget. You worry about your own team.

We heard that a lot too Gavin.

The similarities are quite striking.

If you lot stay up by virtue of other teams imploding, i think you've got the set.

Our season is all but done im afraid, im just an interested onlooker thats all.

Nico can't be far off now is he Gav.

Hes been sorely missed, although a beat up Sully has tried his best and Freer is now showing some of his past form.

MUST get them halves gelling, GT said it was their chance to cement their places last week and they def need to prove it.

I'm not in favour of the Dual-Reg system,but have got to look at taking what is offered this week from Hull,because this a game we can not afford to lose.

I'm not in favour of the Dual-Reg system,but have got to look at taking what is offered this week from Hull,because this a game we can not afford to lose.

The squad we have is capable of beating Whitehaven (with all due respect to our friends from Cumbria).

If we can beat Fev, we can beat Whitehaven. That said if any lads from Hull come in, I hope they give 100% and they will do just fine. I'm sure they will.

:)

Good luck on sunday. As soon as haven get on a bus thats them usually beaten. York 30 haven 16

Assume Pete M must be on holiday - Whitehaven game not mentioned in the Press

so far this week....good publicity for the game....

Assume Pete M must be on holiday - Whitehaven game not mentioned in the Press

so far this week....good publicity for the game....

That's just what I said to my commanding officer this morning. I spoke to Peter at Dewsbury last Sunday and he said he had only come back off holiday to cover that match. I told him he has more holiday than me and I'm retired! So that's nothing in the Press during the week last week and the same this week. Mind you, they had no trouble filling the space as our other professional team is back in action with their friendlies.

How about Gav. arranging to submit a few lines when P. M.'s not around? Over to you Gav.

That's just what I said to my commanding officer this morning. I spoke to Peter at Dewsbury last Sunday and he said he had only come back off holiday to cover that match. I told him he has more holiday than me and I'm retired! So that's nothing in the Press during the week last week and the same this week. Mind you, they had no trouble filling the space as our other professional team is back in action with their friendlies.

How about Gav. arranging to submit a few lines when P. M.'s not around? Over to you Gav.

I didn't realise Pete was on holiday until this morning or I would have offered!

Match preview has just gone online anywho.

I've got an interview with Jack Pickles to go on LoveRugbyLeague.com at some point this afternoon too.

Any news on todays squad, which players are we getting from Hull if any?.

good luck tomorrow to whatever team plays, despite frustrations I do wish I could be there however still on hols. Haven will be a well organised big side who IMO will try and take us on up the middle of the park on our narrow pitch, no browny to turn em round so someone surely ahs to step up and take on kicking duties after last weeks poor showing, thought Tom Carr took most of the stick in the after  match on Radio York when Elvis was the main culprit (2 silly tackles and that awful mis-guided trap of their kick-off), that said tom's kicking open play is way short of the quality he showed in the first few games he played for us, as is the ability to beat the first tackler when he runs the ball back in.

Good Luck lads and give us a performance to be proud of.

Andy

Nowt..