Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

The fightback starts this week... Knights v Whitehaven

42 posts in this topic

thought Tom Carr took most of the stick in the after  match on Radio York when Elvis was the main culprit (2 silly tackles and that awful mis-guided trap of their kick-off)

Andy

Unfortunately for TC, Andy, the pivotal kick at the end of the game down to James Craven was not good enough ( thought GT was far tougher on him than I was and Tom was probably even tougher on himself ! ) but others allowed Craven too much space to came back upfield and others were guilty of allowing Pryce and Scott the opportunity to win the game.

And, yes, I agree with your other point.

Overall Tom Carr has been excellent this season when covering his own duties ( full back ).

When he gets played out of position through necessity, he struggles at times but it's to Tom's credit that he puts his hand up for it. Knowing Tom, if he was asked to play at prop, he'd give it his best shot !!

Think we need to stop bagging Tom , the kid would as Andy says play prop if asked , he has an enthusiasm for the sport that is 2 nd to none , we could do with a few more like him ! I work with a bloke who knows Tom very well having coached him at Chequerfield & he says he's equally talented at football & cricket & just wants to be on the pitch , hates being on the sidelines so sometimes is his own worst enemy by playing with injuries as he did at Leigh .

Obviously I was not at the game but not even a BP !'OMG we are in trouble looking at other scores. If they scored on 77mins that's another game we have let points go in.

Hope it wasnt too painful for you all but suspect it was ?

Read you all defending Carr, but my god, does he want to run when he gets the ball instead of standing still!?

Was at the game today as per usual _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ING KRAP!!!!!

Probably the worst game of rugby I've witnessed in a long time...

Think it's time we got some decent forwards in to the club . Can anyone tell me the last time a forward broke the line ? Apart from Matty Nicholson .

Was poor 2nd half. Was below average in first half tbh. Haven weren't all that at all, if we had our 1st team out and on form...

Shoulda woulda coulda.

worst game i've seen for a long time. totaly inept and clueless. no urgency from either team, and what was that kick all about from tom after the missed drop goal. i fear we are in a downward spiral on and off the field

Games are there to be won and if we play like that can't see us winning again this season no leader today missing big players in important positions brown Nicholson golden Brisco ford think today we could have done with some DR in

worst game i've seen for a long time. totaly inept and clueless. no urgency from either team, and what was that kick all about from tom after the missed drop goal. i fear we are in a downward spiral on and off the field

Im sure you have to drop kick from your 20 meters if the other team miss a drop goal but I could be wrong.  

Im sure you have to drop kick from your 20 meters if the other team miss a drop goal but I could be wrong.  

Nah thats wrong. It was a tap 20. If you kick a tap 20 out (not on the full) you get head and feed at the scrum.

Good idea, poorly executed.

good idea if you can win ,not if your trying to protect a bonus point

Know for a fact he won't like me saying this, but the only thing Tom Carr did very, very slightly

wrong yesterday was to try too hard.

He is having to do all the long kicking because Elvis & Johno can't or won't so it adds extra pressure

to Tom's game, also think we struggle when Jack Lee is off the pitch because I don't think the half backs

are doing enough 'leading' & organising at present, also got to be a case for Lee & Brining starting together

Anyway we are the wotsit now & need to stick together & try a sneak an unexpected bonus point in the

next 2 weeks, we will be at Fax as per normal to get behind the lads, can't really fault the effort they have

put in over the last 3 weeks.

I am starting to get a little worried now. 2pts off 2nd bottom but 6pts off 8th. And if the game finished 5 minutes early we'd have 6 pts instead of 2.

Our kicking game is awful. Three times in two games the ball has gone out on the full. I know we haven't got the biggest & tallest squad but how come we never kick to the corner? Elliott can catch the ball (we've seen him do that when the opposition kick to our corner) and I bet Flockhart can do the same. Plus why does Presley never chip kick? If you remember the game against Hunslet where they equalised on the hooter from a penalty, most of our tries were scored from Presley's little chips over the top for others to collect.

There's no point constantly moaning and complaining at the ref either. What is that going to achieve? All that is going to happen is that 50/50 decisions won't go our way. The ref has made his decision so it is very unlikely he'll change it. And when Carr was obstructed by Merrick he had to give the Try, the same happened when we played Barrow if you remember.

A this time in the season we need to support them - otherwise we could be playing Gloucestershire and Hemel next season.

Whatever happened to Nat Brown?