Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longboard

Keith Mason's Action

61 posts in this topic

Well, the court has ruled that he was done out of £170K of income by by the club, so it has ruled that he must be paid the income he was done out of..What would you call it?

Compensation?

Compensation?

That's the next stage.

What a mess.

If the lost future wages part of an Employment Tribunal award for wrongful or unfair dismissal is over £30,000 then this becomes employment income and subject to tax and NI.  Compensation for damages that are not calculated as wages are not taxable.

Edit:  A clarification that it's the component of a wages award above £30k that becomes taxable, e.g. you're awarded £50k then the first £30k is tax free but the other £20k is fully taxable.

If the lost future wages part of an Employment Tribunal award for wrongful or unfair dismissal is over £30,000 then this becomes employment income and subject to tax and NI. Compensation for damages that are not calculated as wages are not taxable.

Edit: A clarification that it's the component of a wages award above £30k that becomes taxable, e.g. you're awarded £50k then the first £30k is tax free but the other £20k is fully taxable.

Yes, it's treated in exactly the same way as redundancy payments.

I think the personnel changes made by the Giants last year have been very important in the good season they've had.

That said, there are ways to go about moving people on.  The aim should always be for both sides to part with dignity and on good terms.  That clearly hasn't happened here and it seems it was pretty much solely the fault of the club.

Good luck to Keith Mason, I hope he enjoys the cash.  He's been treated badly and he deserves every penny.

For the Giants, there are bigger things going on.   I honestly doubt anyone at the club is giving this a second thought at the moment.

For the Giants, there are bigger things going on.   I honestly doubt anyone at the club is giving this a second thought at the moment.

For a £400,000 bill I'd imagine its pretty high on the agenda!

Agree If you just mean the players and coach though.

The way the club dealt with this is an utter farce, whoever made some of these decisions needs to own up and apologise IMO - if not fall on their sword.

That said, I agree with Steve - there's bigger events going on for the club and if the price to pay for our current league situation is this debacle I can't see many people thinking it wasn't worth paying

With luck, no one will remember this a week on Sunday.

The way the club dealt with this is an utter farce, whoever made some of these decisions needs to own up and apologise IMO - if not fall on their sword.

That said, I agree with Steve - there's bigger events going on for the club and if the price to pay for our current league situation is this debacle I can't see many people thinking it wasn't worth paying

With luck, no one will remember this a week on Sunday.

I don't think falling on their sword is good enough - sitting on it maybe.

If everything that is being reported is true,( no reason to doubt the Examiner ) Then the whole thing is a disgrace. I'm glad Mason won, How good a player he was or wasn't doesn't come in to it, If he was on the reported 95K per year Then he had already Slapped somebody at the Giants Ar** , Hopefully K Davy will be making adjustments to his staff, There have been quite a few decisions in the last 2/3 years that would indicate a fair level of incompetence, Maybe something good will come out of this.