Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unicorn106

Question

16 posts in this topic

Can any RL buffs answer an arguement my jam workmate and I were having at work the other day.

Which long established RL team (not London or crusaders) is the least successful in terms of winning a major trophy down the years

Appart from the obvious one, I was thinking Donny York or Keighley. I know all three have won 2nd division grand finals of late but I wouldn't count that as something major. Championship Grand final winners upwards we were looking for.

Keighley

National League 2 Winners/ CC1: 2003, 2009

Old Division Two Champions: 1902–03, 1994–95

Old Division Three Champions: 1992–93

Haven

National League One Winners 2005

Donny

Champ 1 grand final winners

York

Division Two Championship: 1980–81.

National League Two championship: 2005

Yorkshire Cup: 1923, 1934, 1937 (3 times)

So if Yorkshire cups count then do Cumbria cups :-)

Dont be daft...The only cup you could possibly count which is/was of any value is the Lancashire cup on our side of the pennines

I would class Yorks Yorkshire cup wins as the only major trophies in among that lot. The Yorkshire and Lancashire cups were great competitions along with the John Player Trophy. All the clubs took these competitions seriously and York would have had to beat some top teams to win it. Keighley and Donnys wins were I take it all in the third tier of the game ?

So if Yorkshire cups count then do Cumbria cups :-)

That is clutching at straws to claim the Cumbria Cup, a pre-season friendly competition, to be a bone-fide competition like the Lancashire and Yorkshire Cups.

Dont be daft...The only cup you could possibly count which is/was of any value is the Lancashire cup on our side of the pennines

It was a joke hence the smiley afterwards sense of humour bypass I think

Careful h4e will go running off over to deludedfans.com claiming we're belittling Havens achievements!

It was a joke hence the smiley afterwards sense of humour bypass I think

knowing you lot you will claim any tin pot trophy as a major. :-)

OOOOOO I feel better now having smiled as well ;-)

Damnit Ive winked as well

No were happy with staying up this year morty trophies next year maybe;-)

I think h4e was the teachers pet at school anything that was said in the classroom he would break his neck to grass to the teacher

I think h4e was the teachers pet at school anything that was said in the classroom he would break his neck to grass to the teacher

Must have went to the same school as clown4me then :onthequiet:

Clown4me, jam4me, widnes4me ha ha keep them coming? mission accomplished. Atleast I use the same username on both forums.

Can any RL buffs answer an arguement my jam workmate and I were having at work the other day.

Which long established RL team (not London or crusaders) is the least successful in terms of winning a major trophy down the years

Appart from the obvious one, I was thinking Donny York or Keighley. I know all three have won 2nd division grand finals of late but I wouldn't count that as something major. Championship Grand final winners upwards we were looking for.

Does the SEAT cup count?

Does the SEAT cup count?

Only if you retained it due to the only other team in the competition not turning up :tongue: still, a wins a win.