Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

19/07/13 - Bradford Bulls v Hull FC KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Is this game perfect = no.

But don't we want tight games that can go either way?

When games are tight in the NRL we're told it's because of the quality of their comp.

Stevo got his wish with Gale getting the drop goal. This is gripping stuff as the match draws to a close.

Diskin scores. That settles it now in Bradford's favour.
17-12 with an easy kick to come.

Dumb dumb play on too many occasions costing Hull possession. We didn't deserve to win. Lineham running towards touch on the first tackle was criminal.

All credit to Bradford's attack. Hull have defended very well for a number of weeks so they've done well to break it the times they did.

Why is every Hull SL game recently ending in disappointment in the last few minutes?! 5 SL losses on the bounce now.

Did anyone catch what the crowd was? It's usually on the scoreboard but I missed it reading this forum.

Dumb dumb play on too many occasions costing Hull possession. We didn't deserve to win. Lineham running towards touch on the first tackle was criminal.

All credit to Bradford's attack. Hull have defended very well for a number of weeks so they've done well to break it the times they did.

Why is every Hull SL game recently ending in disappointment in the last few minutes?! 5 SL losses on the bounce now.

Thoughts on the semi-final (based on this performance)

Lineham's decision to try and get outside the Bradford defence may have been dumb but it was understandable. Hull should have been out of sight well before then meaning a young kid didn't have to make that kind of choice.

Did anyone catch what the crowd was? It's usually on the scoreboard but I missed it reading this forum.

Just shy of 8000

As a neutral I enjoyed it, tense, due to being close and some rough, tough (questionable at times) defence.

As the game continued it got more intense, which you should expect from a close game.

Both clubs nothing to play for apparently, getting eighth place means f-haul to these teams, didn't  seem like that to me.

Now that thing about teams don't care really peas me off, players do care.

I think both sides lost too much possession and made some really bad decisions when they had the ball both had calls against them so all in all a fair result imo obviously.

Just shy of 8000

Quite good, thanks for that.

Just shy of 8000

So if I had made it, it might have been 8k!

Crowds, whilst not appalling, must be a worry to Bradford.

So if I had made it, it might have been 8k!

Crowds, whilst not appalling, must be a worry to Bradford.

Surely 8,000 paying full price is better than 12,000 paying half price?

Tremendous advert for Super League.

8th v 10th and we get a high quality game like this.

It was like both teams were busting a gut to make that vital 9th spot.

Surely 8,000 paying full price is better than 12,000 paying half price?

Its a downward trend though. Not too long ago that would have been 11/12/13K.

Great win! And great defence from Bulls (although I think neither are good attacking sides to be fair). Maybe an outside bet for the 8 yet ....

Its a downward trend though. Not too long ago that would have been 11/12/13K.

Not really true, 8000 was about par for the course for them before they cheapened the season tickets in 2011. Now they can slowly rebuild with their core fan base paying a less ridiculously cheap price.

Not really true, 8000 was about par for the course for them before they cheapened the season tickets in 2011. Now they can slowly rebuild with their core fan base paying a less ridiculously cheap price.

It had gone down to about 8k average but games like this would have got a better crowd. The crowds are not picking up, simple as that. I'm hardly over the moon about it but it's the way it is.

Hemmings having a dig at the challenge cup, grow up ffs.

I really, really hope he didn't mean that the way it sounded.

Thoughts on the semi-final (based on this performance)

A good tough workout ahead of a nine day gap. Pretty good preparation IMO. Looked like we'll need Horne and/or Holdsworth back to stand a realistic chance of winning the game though.

It had gone down to about 8k average but games like this would have got a better crowd. The crowds are not picking up, simple as that. I'm hardly over the moon about it but it's the way it is.

I'm not sure... in 2010 the Bulls only had 2 crowds over 10k, the same as they have so far this year. The game vs Hull in 2010 drew only 8,411 and it wasn't televised. The crowds now I'd say are on the same level as in 2010. Poor, but surely now the only way is up ( and Mr Khan seems to be trying his upmost to get fans back )