Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

21/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Discuss Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers here.

Warrington to rest a few, the remaining players to have their minds on bigger and better opposition next week, Rovers to win by default around 14-16 points.

(And Steve Reed to bite if he's not wearing his reading glasses again...)

I would like to say Wolves will be feeling the effects of the CC game, not so unfortunately, but HKR are very very good on occasions, i hope this is one of them. KR by a score, hopefully.

Warrington by 20 points as the Robins will still be recovering from being the best team in Hull. With key players missing such as Patterson, O Hara and Gleeson they will opt to let the Wires stretch their legs. Don't want to damage the underdogs chances against OFs boys next week.

Pity Hull have to go full tilt against Bradford this week to try and retain their their slim Play Off chances. It would be so unfair if they suffer any injuries.

Warrington by 20 points as the Robins will still be recovering from being the best team in Hull. With key players missing such as Patterson, O Hara and Gleeson they will opt to let the Wires stretch their legs. Don't want to damage the underdogs chances against OFs boys next week.

Pity Hull have to go full tilt against Bradford this week to try and retain their their slim Play Off chances. It would be so unfair if they suffer any injuries.

:nono: Be careful, let's not overstep the banter line here.

"Underdogs"  :laugh:  :laugh:

We're the form side in the league (I can't even remember the last time we lost...) and should be confident of getting a result anywhere at the minute. Our defence has improved considerably and we're scoring a fair few points. The week off will have done us the world of good. Warrington is always a tough place to go but I think we'll go OK.

HKR could well turn over everyone's tip for the treble. I think they're a very good bet, and on song could give any team a run for their money.

We're the form side in the league (I can't even remember the last time we lost...)

I can.

We're the form side in the league (I can't even remember the last time we lost...)

I'll give you a clue - it was more recent than the last time we lost. And we haven't been playing basement fodder either.

I'll give you a clue - it was more recent than the last time we lost. And we haven't been playing basement fodder either.

Oooh, I can remember that as well.

Basement fodder? Huddersfield Catalans St Helens Hull....oops that one was a pools panel draw. And as we all know Hull "beat" Warrington and they are hardly a form team.

Any more of these insults and we...Rovers ...will just have to turn up and give you a real beating, something we normally save for Craven Park.

I may even have to support Hull in the Cup game, after all they have no chance at Wembley.

All this slagging off of Rovers must stop now, they are clearly the in form team.

I did wonder about the "basement fodder" comment but I had an idea my new red and white pal would save me the effort.

All this slagging off of Rovers must stop now, they are clearly the in form team.

Aye, clearly.

KR won 5 of the last 6.

Wire won 6 of the last 6.

Either way, could be a cracker if they both play with confidence. 

No doubt they won't both play brilliantly though and we'll have calls from fans to scrap Super League.

Seriously, what are peoples expectations of this as regards the winning team, 'cause the bookies certainly don't give Rovers much of a chance.

If you fancy Hull KR, you can get 11/2 on them winning by 1-12, 20/1 on them winning by 13+ and also 10/11 to win with 16 start.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league/super-league/warrington-v-hull-k-r/winning-margin

I know Wire would normally be hot faves but Rovers are in reasonable nick and Wire have the cup semi next week.

OK, one of the two form teams. Bleedin' Hull!

:biggrin: We win when it's important.

Two form teams, one in the play offs  no matter, the other one who knows.

I hope Warrington concentrate on this game and then worry about FC next Sunday

Warrington to sneak it by 8

Two of Wire's wins were against Wigan and Leeds' A teams, and one was against a rabbit trapped in the headlights Giants, but they all count I suppose. (Cue ferocious defence of Wire's recent "record").

How's Myler? I've heard he may be struggling but not really kept up to date with it this week. Thanks.

Two of Wire's wins were against Wigan and Leeds' A teams, and one was against a rabbit trapped in the headlights Giants, but they all count I suppose. (Cue ferocious defence of Wire's recent "record").

Good point well made, A- team or first team, its still only two points for a win.

I guess your worried with the games you've got left... Saints, Leeds, Huddersfield, Hull FC, HKR and Catalans.......oh well lets see what happens

Until the squads are announced I'd lay off the betting.

By which time the bookies may have adjusted their odds, of course.

OF I would go with sWanky Warrington as they are nailed on certs for

the playoffs and the Challenge Cup . Rovers seem not to be worthy of any respect by most forum members...too many Aussies too poor to compete too close to Hull...so I cannot see them defying the odds again this weekend. A team that can lose 84 - 6 at home to Wigan should never be able to win 13 games this season.

However it would be nice to beat the Wires,you to get a good result at the bookies and Hull to be encouraged for next weekend.