Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

21/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

OF I would go with sWanky Warrington as they are nailed on certs for

the playoffs and the Challenge Cup . Rovers seem not to be worthy of any respect by most forum members...too many Aussies too poor to compete too close to Hull...so I cannot see them defying the odds again this weekend. A team that can lose 84 - 6 at home to Wigan should never be able to win 13 games this season.

However it would be nice to beat the Wires,you to get a good result at the bookies and Hull to be encouraged for next weekend.

That's a bit disrespectful to Wigan, Steve ;)

We are a much better side than people have given us credit for. I'm happy to see us just do what we're doing, going week-by-week, 'flying under the radar' and letting people write us off before a ball has been kicked. If we get 50% points in our remaining games we'll finish top 8.

Nice to see a thread bringing back the biff.'

:biggrin: We win when it's important.

It doesn't really matter as long as we beat you black and whites and then maybe just get the same points win or lose we finish above you, not bad considering we are supposed to be unfit to lick your boots, trouble is with Hull they get a really good squad but always under achieve and have since Super League was introduced apart from Cookie pulling off a well finished try in Cardiff for your "important win"

Nice to see a thread bringing back the biff.'

All good clean fun.

(Although one or two seem to take me a bit too seriously, tbh. ;) )

Seriously, what are peoples expectations of this as regards the winning team, 'cause the bookies certainly don't give Rovers much of a chance.

If you fancy Hull KR, you can get 11/2 on them winning by 1-12, 20/1 on them winning by 13+ and also 10/11 to win with 16 start.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league/super-league/warrington-v-hull-k-r/winning-margin

I know Wire would normally be hot faves but Rovers are in reasonable nick and Wire have the cup semi next week.

Tricky one this, mate, looks like Tony Smith has named a strong squad. Warrington tend to start games well so I would expect them to top the 16 point handicap at some point but they may well take their foot off the pedal there may well be a magnificent Rovers fightback. If in-play betting were available I'd go for Wire at -16 hoping they got a couple of quick scores then take Rovers when the handicap stretched out to 24ish and hope to hit the middle.

All good clean fun.

(Although one or two seem to take me a bit too seriously, tbh. ;) )

Nobody said being the head honcho of a cocky cabal would be all beer and skittles, mate.

No Myler, Morley or Westwood. Dwyer's inclusion would suggest one of M.Monaghan/Higham to rest. Plus Waterhouse/J.Monaghan/Hodgson may sit it out.

Take the 16 points. HullKr should probably even win outright.

12-6 Wire at half time, Rovers having a tey disallowed for a forward pass at the death. I wonder if it would have been ruled out if it had been the home side, although I'm sure Mr Roby is having a fine game.

20-6, 17 mins to go.

28-6 now, Rovers allowing Wire a bit of scoring practice for next week.

No Myler, Morley or Westwood. Dwyer's inclusion would suggest one of M.Monaghan/Higham to rest. Plus Waterhouse/J.Monaghan/Hodgson may sit it out.

Take the 16 points. HullKr should probably even win outright.

What do I know.

What do I know.

It's now 34-6 so, obviously, not much.

(Says the man who had a bet on Hull KR...)

Looking like we might record one of the shocks of the season here, against that unstoppable Rovers side.

EDIT: We've done it! Torn up the formbook.

Looking like we might record one of the shocks of the season here, against that unstoppable Rovers side.

We confused them a bit playing so many reserves. Can't have been easy for them to prepare for us. To be honest, we've practically cheated them out of two points. Still, I'm sure they can claim a moral victory, it seems to be the way for teams who lose/choke against us.

EDIT: We've done it! Torn up the formbook.

:biggrin:

Good result.

Mr Facetious strikes again. :nono:

(Steve Reed will be gunning for you.  :biggrin: )

Take a deep breath.

The Pride of East Hull still feels glad to support the team and can take defeat in battle believing we will win the war one day.

Just Bronwyn conjures up "unstoppable" from his lexicon, if ever we were I hope we would show respect to our vanquished enemy.

Remember the good times for they will soon be gone.

Were The KC Cuckoos to win next week you might just regret your unkind words.

Two weeks to prepare for the next warm up game v Wigan then it's the big one!

It's now 34-6 so, obviously, not much.

(Says the man who had a bet on Hull KR...)

What did I bloody tell you?

"Just Bronwyn"  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

(I did warn you JB...)

Two weeks to prepare for the next warm up game v Wigan then it's the big one!

Aha!, so it's true then, we ARE your cup final.  :tongue:

I'm under no illusion about the fact Hull will make it a tough game next week and suspect it will be won by either side in the last 10 minutes or so.

Perhaps I was a little too facetious but the 'in-form team in the league' comment deserved a ribbing. Hull KR have done well this season though.

Routine win for the wire.shame kr fans cause trouble everywhere they go.any one see anything.