Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Railway End

Salford chase Pritchard

14 posts in this topic

Was on top of his game 4 or 5 years ago but his form seems to have waned somewhat lately. But can see him doing a great job for Salford if they can sign him.

There's no chance of Salford signing him, but he'd be the best forward in SL if he did come.

Was on top of his game 4 or 5 years ago but his form seems to have waned somewhat lately. But can see him doing a great job for Salford if they can sign him.

I think since his move to the Bulldogs he has got back to the top of his game.  For me was NZ's best player in the ANZAC test.

There's no chance of Salford signing him, but he'd be the best forward in SL if he did come.

Unless the Bulldogs want to clear some room in the salary cap to upgrade the likes of Finucane, Jackson, Taupau and maybe increase James Graham's contract as he has proved himself now.  

Having said this, I agree I can't see it happening unless the player himself has set his heart on playing over here.

He seems to fade from time to time but when he's on form he can be almost unstoppable. I agree that his move to the Bulldogs has worked out very well and that he'd be amongst the best forwards in Super League if he did come over.

I would be extremely impressed if Salford managed to pull this off.

Unless the Bulldogs want to clear some room in the salary cap to upgrade the likes of Finucane, Jackson, Taupau and maybe increase James Graham's contract as he has proved himself now.

Having said this, I agree I can't see it happening unless the player himself has set his heart on playing over here.

Taupau has signed for west tigers

Not going to happen salary cap will prevent it. Such a shame SL can't sign players of his calibre.

Not going to happen salary cap will prevent it. Such a shame SL can't sign players of his calibre.

Couldn't agree more. Such a small minded decision to knock back the marquee player rule.

Pritchard blows hot and cold, but on his day, he's excellent.

Couldn't agree more. Such a small minded decision to knock back the marquee player rule.

True as it may be how many marquee players are salford going to want though?

Why don't we just pin a thread titled "Salford chase everyone in the whole world", and be done with it?

Because, more realistically, it should be called "Salford chase a relatively small number of well known players but are reported to be chasing every player whose contract is coming up for renewal".

Just the one.

No more than thirteen. Except when we play Cas, when we would obviously want fourteen.  :ph34r:  :jester: