Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

prem sports freeview 9.30 tonight thursday festival highlights

8 posts in this topic

no reason just more visible, great game on now 10-0 to england students(don't tell me the final score)

So sad though that hardly anyone was there, if that was RU they would have had 30/40000 at Twickenham,what is it with RL that fans are just not interested in these wonderful events.

Why compare with RU, why are we so worried about them? Why not compare with cricket or football? Last night a European Womens Football International was shown live on BBC3 and on Radio 5 Live, there was 7000 there. To get 2634 at Headingley was a fantastic effort as was getting it on Premier Sports.

We have our own wonderful sport, let's concentrate on the positives. 

I was there. It was a cracking day. Three great games of RL and even though I missed most of the first one due to the Ashes it was great to see how committed Premier Sports are to the sport by showing highlights of the day (plus the Student final in full) so I didn't miss much action!

Why compare with RU, why are we so worried about them? Why not compare with cricket or football? Last night a European Womens Football International was shown live on BBC3 and on Radio 5 Live, there was 7000 there. To get 2634 at Headingley was a fantastic effort as was getting it on Premier Sports.

We have our own wonderful sport, let's concentrate on the positives.

He does have a point though. Just look at the Exiles game. A similar fixture in RU would get 60k at least into Twickers... so many RL fans just can't see past their own club:(