Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonnyg28

West Bank

60 posts in this topic

Theres no disputing they deserved credit for gettin there but to fast track them to ncl coz they got to a lancashire cup and won the 3rd teir of the nwc at the time was prob a major factor in the eventual withdrawl of the team.

Nonsense, they fulfilled the criteria and were accepted into the NCL.   Whatever their reasons they have withdrawn, you obviously have your knife in them but you are getting repetitive and your grammar is painful to read.

Nonsense, they fulfilled the criteria and were accepted into the NCL.   Whatever their reasons they have withdrawn, you obviously have your knife in them but you are getting repetitive and your grammar is painful to read.

Didnt realise u was the grammar police, if u have a problem then dont read it ye tool. Ive spoke to the players and this is what they have told me. So it may b repetitive but its come straight from the horses mouth. I dnt have a problem with the club, im pointing out flaws in the way the conference accepted them in what imo was too soon for the club, and as a result tht may have been a factor in the withdrawal 2 yrs after gettin in.

Considering they were challenging for promotion to division one the playing standards were fine so promoting them from whatever division they were in prior to NCL wasn't the issue

Jonnyg28

If only it was that simple!

And before you ask yes I do coach and at an NCL club.

Perhaps some clubs/players just don't want to traval, some clubs may want to see what's its like and then relies giving up a full Saturday traveling hundreds of miles isn't for them, if you think about it logically, if you can get a game locally each week of a good standard, why traval!!!

West Bank do have some cracking players and I do feel for the lads that really wanted to play in the NCL. West Banks dicipline has really let them down - I think both a player and the club are supposed to be before the NCL dicipline next week. What has really annoyed me is the £400 quid we spent in bus travel going to West Bank for a game that we really did not now need to play

Perhaps the NCL could use all the fines taken from West Bank (there is a bucket full) to pay back the teams that have paid out to travel ?

Can't comment on if they consulted there players but it didn't come as a surprise to me they were applying and I'm from Wigan, they have applied previously and were refused, so unless the players are all missing a screw I would assume they knew what there club was planning!, but as always , I could be wrong,

I also agree, anything can happen in a cup game but when you pull a string off wins together it isn't a one off game,

I remember Wigan Tech, a division 4 or 5 side of the nwc beating the current championed of the premier NCL at the time in the national cup, that was a one off game, we got hammers in the next round, if you make it all the way to a final it's because they deserve it, not a fluke.

Credit were credits due

I remember that only too well :(

Can't comment on if they consulted there players but it didn't come as a surprise to me they were applying and I'm from Wigan, they have applied previously and were refused, so unless the players are all missing a screw I would assume they knew what there club was planning!, but as always , I could be wrong,

I also agree, anything can happen in a cup game but when you pull a string off wins together it isn't a one off game,I remember Wigan Tech, a division 4 or 5 side of the nwc beating the current championed of the premier NCL at the time in the national cup, that was a one off game, we got hammers in the next round, if you make it all the way to a final it's because they deserve it, not a fluke.

Credit were credits due

I remember that only too well :(

Me to, I was injured for that game, I played in the one after when we got hammered lol

Well they won division 2 of nwc and didnt do it unbeaten, they did well to get into the lancashire cup final but ewt can happen in a cup game. They werent ready to take the big step up to conference rugby at the time and seems they rushed in too soon. I heard wen they first went it they didnt even consult the players and applied with out any player discussions. Seems abit more realistic now this has happend

If this is true then West Bank need to ask some questions internally and the NCL have lots of questions

Poor show Oldham st Anne's have no game this week cos of this and will have costs of coach travel to cover have NCL thought of this when accepted West Bank step down

If this is true then West Bank need to ask some questions internally and the NCL have lots of questions

Poor show Oldham st Anne's have no game this week cos of this and will have costs of coach travel to cover have NCL thought of this when accepted West Bank step down

With regards to playing standards they can't of been to bad as they were top in their respective division weren't they? Just a case of only 14/15 players travelling away and the lads that made the effort weren't happy with the lads that kept letting them down. But they have a 2nd team and surely that is there to ensure there is a 17 competing week in week out in ncl??