Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longboard

Huddersfield Giants Death

26 posts in this topic

Thought the club had gone bust when I read the title!

Great idea, great innovation.

Shame there's not many Giant Fans :P:shout:

And the prize for the most predictable response goes to...............   :smoke:

And the prize for the most predictable response goes to...............   :smoke:

:girlinlove:  :girlinlove:  :angel:  :sclerosis:

There weren't that many of you ten years ago either.

There weren't that many of you ten years ago either.

Check your facts mr dp

Check your facts mr dp

Warrington average attendance (2003) : 6,904

Huddersfield average attendance (2012) : 7,028

;)

Check your facts mr dp

John checked them for me. :-D It's amazing what a new stadium and a few cup wins can do for attendances.

Warrington average attendance (2003) : 6,904

Huddersfield average attendance (2012) : 7,028

;)

I don't have averages on all seasons, I'm not sure thats right as the first game was over 14,000 and we had some other bumper gates.

One thing it does highlight, even after Hudds making a few finals, the fans aren't turned on.

I don't have averages on all seasons, I'm not sure thats right as the first game was over 14,000 and we had some other bumper gates.

One thing it does highlight, even after Hudds making a few finals, the fans aren't turned on.

You don't have averages but remember the first game had 14,000. There must have been some poor attendances after that to average less than half that first gate!

Just to be clear, how did you get 14,000 into Wilderspool?

Just to be clear, how did you get 14,000 into Wilderspool?

Indeed, a few beers in the sun has got me, thanks JTBC. So our average when shhit and in an old stadium shows how poor the Hudds are.... Cheers me old mucker

Indeed, a few beers in the sun has got me, thanks JTBC. So our average when shhit and in an old stadium shows how poor the Hudds are.... Cheers me old mucker

so you've won the Cup three times in recent years and still only manage a few thousand more fans than a poor team. It's a good job you did wint those cups or you' be looking at gates similar to Widnes.

so you've won the Cup three times in recent years and still only manage a few thousand more fans than a poor team. It's a good job you did wint those cups or you' be looking at gates similar to Widnes.

3000 plus extra fans and a profitable business. Don't let facts get in your way.

3000 plus extra fans and a profitable business. Don't let facts get in your way.

Like I said, a few thousand. One day the bubble will burst and you'll be back to were you were ten years ago.

Only a few thousand? Bradford's crowds sure grew by more than that when they were up at the top!

Only a few thousand? Bradford's crowds sure grew by more than that when they were up at the top!

Bradford is a city for starters, Warrington have never had massive crowds, but we're a sustainable business.

How many others can say that??

And always played in the top league

Like I said, a few thousand. One day the bubble will burst and you'll be back to were you were ten years ago.

If i didn't know better i'd say you were bitter

If i didn't know better i'd say you were bitter

It wasn't me who began ridiculing another club.

Bradford is a city for starters, Warrington have never had massive crowds, but we're a sustainable business.

How many others can say that??

And always played in the top league

Good for you, but you were ridiculing the size of another clubs fan base!

It wasn't me who began ridiculing another club.

I don't think he was ridiculing Hudds, rather it was an attempt at humour; not much of an attempt I'll admit, but it was hardly derision from PMJ.

I don't think he was ridiculing Hudds, rather it was an attempt at humour; not much of an attempt I'll admit, but it was hardly derision from PMJ.

Yep, 100% a bit of banter, dp for you.

Yep, 100% a bit of banter, dp for you.

My deepest apologies for being so precious, arf, arf, guffaw, guffaw, chortle, chortle.