Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Woods loses Knights claim

44 posts in this topic

Should make this Sundays game a bit tasty, wonder if we will hear from 2 Blues about this?.

Should make this Sundays game a bit tasty, wonder if we will hear from 2 Blues about this?.

He supports Salford now.

Haven't we been landed with the costs though !

Haven't we been landed with the costs though !

About 80K

From reading the Press this looks like a serious situation for the club all the talk in the article of bankruptcy and uncertain futures etc.Hope it's not a case of here we go again.

This situation is ridiculous, the future of the club put in doubt for £12,800 ? Did the club not look at the costs involved before hand, we would have been better off paying him what he wanted and saving ourselves £67,000.

Makes me laugh that he was claiming travelling expenses for travelling to & from Gateshead , so all the while he was running The Cross Keys & previous to that The Fox & Hounds at Copmanthorpe he was going home to the N E every night , rather think he'd have been in York , greedy so & so !

From reading the Press this looks like a serious situation for the club all the talk in the article of bankruptcy and uncertain futures etc.Hope it's not a case of here we go again.

Read the quotes in the story about the four players we have signed next year. We are not going bankrupt.

This situation is ridiculous, the future of the club put in doubt for £12,800 ? Did the club not look at the costs involved before hand, we would have been better off paying him what he wanted and saving ourselves £67,000.

Of course we did. He was offered a payout higher than the judge awarded him.

Makes me laugh that he was claiming travelling expenses for travelling to & from Gateshead , so all the while he was running The Cross Keys & previous to that The Fox & Hounds at Copmanthorpe he was going home to the N E every night , rather think he'd have been in York , greedy so & so !

He was in York.

Maybe it felt like he was travelling that far because he is a rather large gentleman. (Don't want to say fat, that's mean)

I believe its called a "Pyrrhic" victory

Pyrric indeed. If I remember correctly, I think the quote from pyrrus goes "Another victory such as this and we are undone"

Pyrric indeed. If I remember correctly, I think the quote from pyrrus goes "Another victory such as this and we are undone"

Indeed

I posted at the time that the MANNER of Woods sacking was wrong and my fear was that the bitterness caused by "the email" would come back later to bite the club on the bum. It seems that the club, in failing to pay Woods his redundancy entitlement, fanned the flames of that bitterness and caused further resentment. 

It appears from the piece in The Press that Woods sensibly had a "no win no fee" agreement with his solicitor. With no similar guarantee the question must be asked as to why the Knights would risk the future of the club by going to court and risking incurring massive costs?

As for Woods still claiming that he was entitled to his championship survival bonus when the club clearly avoided relegation by default, he was either taking the p!s or his bitterness got the better of him!

Maybe it was woods greed that took it so far. The fact there was a figure offered to him,for some reason never took it and let it go to court maybe be thought he was worth more than offered. Thing is he's proberbly come out with less than offered,but because of his greed he has put the club at risk.

Thing is he's proberbly come out with less than offered,but because of his greed he has put the club at risk.

When he was first let go by the club, he actually rang me to thank the fans for all their hard work in supporting and helping finance the squad, saying we were great supporters etc and to keep up the money raising stuff to help the club prosper. Well Dave, we're all going to have to work four times as hard now to even survive you greedy, money grabbing get.

I'm so glad I'm on this forum - I do learn some cracking stuff !! :rap:

I'm so glad I'm on this forum - I do learn some cracking stuff !! :rap:

Or you could go on a search engine as such as "google" as young Mr Hall did.

When he was first let go by the club, he actually rang me to thank the fans for all their hard work in supporting and helping finance the squad, saying we were great supporters etc and to keep up the money raising stuff to help the club prosper. Well Dave, we're all going to have to work four times as hard now to even survive you greedy, money grabbing get.

At the time his kind words were offered to you Simon he presumably thought that the club were about to pay him his redundancy entitlement. To me it was a mistake that the club did not pay him this money as they would then have been in a stronger position when more spurious claims were forthcoming.

I am not just here to defend a bloke whom I never actually met on speaking terms and who could be the greediest so and so on the planet for all I know, the devil incarnate even. But when the club failed to pay his statutory entitlement this must have fanned the flames of resentment. In following this path I believe that once again the club have shot themselves in the foot and left us with a hell of a bloody mess. Shades of Headingleygate, but with far worse consequences.

It's pretty funny how you all sit behind your little computers with your little minds speculating on what goes on with the players and coaches all season long.No one on here would even have the slightest knowledge of what was in [my brother] Dave's contract. I'm also sure if any of you had any talent and were actually able to sign a contract and have that contract broken you would fight to get what you believe you were owed.

But I suppose you are all on the computer writing this stuff and some of the other dribble you write on other subjects because you aren't and never will be good enough to actually play or coach at any kind of rugby league other then very low grade park footy.

It's pretty funny how you all sit behind your little computers with your little minds speculating on what goes on with the players and coaches all season long.No one on here would even have the slightest knowledge of what was in [my brother] Dave's contract. I'm also sure if any of you had any talent and were actually able to sign a contract and have that contract broken you would fight to get what you believe you were owed.

But I suppose you are all on the computer writing this stuff and some of the other dribble you write on other subjects because you aren't and never will be good enough to actually play or coach at any kind of rugby league other then very low grade park footy.

You mean just like you're doing?