Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Woods loses Knights claim

44 posts in this topic

But the difference here is I'm not speculating

But the difference here is I'm not speculating

K bro. HAJAHAHA GEDDIT!!??!? BRO!??!?! HAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAVHA..

It's pretty funny how you all sit behind your little computers with your little minds speculating on what goes on with the players and coaches all season long.No one on here would even have the slightest knowledge of what was in [my brother] Dave's contract. I'm also sure if any of you had any talent and were actually able to sign a contract and have that contract broken you would fight to get what you believe you were owed.

But I suppose you are all on the computer writing this stuff and some of the other dribble you write on other subjects because you aren't and never will be good enough to actually play or coach at any kind of rugby league other then very low grade park footy.

Do you eat lots of pies too?

I like that one I do love a pie and like my brother I can actually play footy not just be a whinging supporter.

while I'm here terminator what was the score in todays game it sounded good on the radio

I like that one I do love a pie and like my brother I can actually play footy not just be a whinging supporter.

while I'm here terminator what was the score in todays game it sounded good on the radio

Your brother can play footy? Does he get around on a mobokart or does he sit on a swivel chair whilst someone pushes his girth around the pitch? Not sure what todays score was, as I'm not a York fan. You'll have to check an RL website.

I thought both were quite funny, the comment and the score

I fail to see how a score is 'funny' but if you're trying to get a reaction then you're not gonna get one, we all know we're ###### :)

Sounds distinctly like a Greater Spotted Haven Troll......

Dave Woods is a wonderful man. Kind, compassionate, and as honest as the day is long. He even gave his old friends at York a cheerful wave from the dugout! We miss you Dave and would like to extend an invitation to come back and see us anytime.

Anyhoo, must dash. My doctor's here with my meds and I think he's noticed I've slipped my jacket...

I don't know the ins and outs of the recent court case between the Knights and Dave Woods but it seems a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other to me when it comes to apportioning blame for the outcome. As Peter G. said it appears it was all made worse because the club didn't pay him what he was legally entitled to and sacking a person by email is something I would certainly not like to have happened to me during my working life.

One thing I DO know and remember which I am suprised nobody has mentioned is that wonderful afternoon at Warrington when we beat Oldham and secured promotion. That was my most memorable day in supporting York for over 60 years and I don't care what anyone else says, Dave Woods was the coach that day and he was our hero and the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing that happened in court last week will ever change that for me! IF the allegations of claiming wrongful travel expenses were true, well of course that's disappointing but it still won't alter my thoughts on that day in Warrington. After all the happenings in the House of Commons in recent times one could almost be forgiven for thinking it was a national pastime!

I don't know the ins and outs of the recent court case between the Knights and Dave Woods but it seems a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other to me when it comes to apportioning blame for the outcome. As Peter G. said it appears it was all made worse because the club didn't pay him what he was legally entitled to and sacking a person by email is something I would certainly not like to have happened to me during my working life.

One thing I DO know and remember which I am suprised nobody has mentioned is that wonderful afternoon at Warrington when we beat Oldham and secured promotion. That was my most memorable day in supporting York for over 60 years and I don't care what anyone else says, Dave Woods was the coach that day and he was our hero and the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing that happened in court last week will ever change that for me! IF the allegations of claiming wrongful travel expenses were true, well of course that's disappointing but it still won't alter my thoughts on that day in Warrington. After all the happenings in the House of Commons in recent times one could almost be forgiven for thinking it was a national pastime!

If this was Facebook then I'd click the 'like' button on this comment...

Given some of what has been written, not a great thread, I'm afraid - would be better wrapped up or erased...

If this was Facebook I'd remind everyone that Jimmy Saville was once a national treasure...

Totally agree andy a, enough has been said.. and andy h no need to take the mick