Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bullet catcher

Relegation

34 posts in this topic

In relation to Division 2, following the withdrawal of Widnes West Bank, the website is now showing 1 team to be relegated so it is looking like Stanningley, Eastmoor Dragons or Castleford Panthers have their work cut out. Good luck to them all in their remaining games.

What a mess the withdrawal of West Bank has caused. I am still not sure the League table is correct.

I hear Eastmoor are thinking of applying for the Pennine League but that is not confirmed. Anybody else know any more?

I have also heard the same - very sad news for the NCL. I really feel for the lads / staff at Eastmoor they beat West Bank and that very good win might cost them in the end. Not fair at all. What else can the league do ? I think the drop for Eastmoor and the extra travel cost for the club in the lower league might force their hand. Perhaps the NCL need to have a look at the league - they have already decided only one to go down

I have also heard the same - very sad news for the NCL. I really feel for the lads / staff at Eastmoor they beat West Bank and that very good win might cost them in the end. Not fair at all. What else can the league do ? I think the drop for Eastmoor and the extra travel cost for the club in the lower league might force their hand. Perhaps the NCL need to have a look at the league - they have already decided only one to go down

Will be very sad if this is the case for the players / officials and supporters of Eastmoor.

I have also heard that rumour re Pennine application from them. Will they not have missed the deadline for this season starting September?

Was looking at the revised Divison 2 games to play what are clubs doing who seem to only have 2 games left over next 6 / 7 weeks? Big gaps there

Will be very sad if this is the case for the players / officials and supporters of Eastmoor.

I have also heard that rumour re Pennine application from them. Will they not have missed the deadline for this season starting September?

Was looking at the revised Divison 2 games to play what are clubs doing who seem to only have 2 games left over next 6 / 7 weeks? Big gaps there

We (normy) play ovenden on the 17 having had 3 weeks off already and then  have to wait 5 week to play shawcross on what could decide whether we get promoted or even win the league. We could play some friendlys in between but then we could risk losing players through injury in what can be a pointless game. So were in a no win situation really

We (normy) play ovenden on the 17 having had 3 weeks off already and then  have to wait 5 week to play shawcross on what could decide whether we get promoted or even win the league. We could play some friendlys in between but then we could risk losing players through injury in what can be a pointless game. So were in a no win situation really

Don't suppose you have asked Shaw Cross if they can play you on the 7th September - doesn't look like they have a fixture. :sleep:

Don't suppose you have asked Shaw Cross if they can play you on the 7th September - doesn't look like they have a fixture. :sleep:

We looked into it and as it happens half of our team is away. So its looks like were in it for the long haul.