Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mick wilson

Us v Hunslet

62 posts in this topic

Why does Holty keep taking Mossop off?

Cannot weigh up this hooker rotation trend unless you have two great number 9s !!!!! Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

We really need to get rid of casey, he's a waste and a liability! Can't catch, can't kick half the time, always injuried and never really does anything in attack, can't wait till kaighans fit!

We really need to get rid of casey, he's a waste and a liability! Can't catch, can't kick half the time, always injuried and never really does anything in attack, can't wait till kaighans fit!

Disagree with that. Casey organises the team very well for his age. His kicking game was off today but for the majority of this season it's been rather good. His passing game has been very good this season, he doesn't have much of a running game but I feel Campbell makes up for that when he plays at 7.

Casey at 6 and Campbell at 7 are more than capable of cutting it at this level.

Another typical Barrow performance today where we were world beaters 1st half and looked like a poor amateur team in the 2nd. I really thought we could run up a cricket score at half time but what happened after the break really had to be seen to be believed, a real nail biter in the end when the game should have been well and truely put to bed. On the plus side I thought Mossop was outstanding today and the 2 new lads fitted in well. I still can't believe we didn't score a single point after the break, the game can be summed up by us loosing a scrum inside our own half with our head and feed, that should never ever happen in the modern game, especially the way the scrum half feeds the scrum. Great to get the 3 points but a really hollow victory in the end.

It was a win but it feels like a loss. Awful second half.

Spot on Ron

Some fans don't half make me laugh. You scored most of your points on the back of Hunslet's stupid offloads gifting you the ball and field position, which apparently makes you world beaters / excellent. Then second half Hunslet scored off the back of some good attack mixed in with some poor play from yourselves and that makes you awful.

The game can be summed up in the following, two poor teams neither of which understand controlling the game.

As for mossop he was indeed very good, but its pretty easier being dummy half when there are 2/3 defenders left on the ground when your man is playing the ball. This isn't to take away from him, he used the space well and it was good work in attack to get so many quick play the balls despite the number of tacklers.

Quality player wouldn't mind him on a proper contract

Glad to hear benny had a good debut and glad you guys won.

Some fans don't half make me laugh. 

As for mossop he was indeed very good, but its pretty easier being dummy half when there are 2/3 defenders left on the ground when your man is playing the ball. This isn't to take away from him, he used the space well and it was good work in attack to get so many quick play the balls despite the number of tacklers.

That's part of his job isn't it. :onthequiet:

The league table is now:

Fev         51 points

Sheff       49

Fax          47

Leigh       43

Batley      43

Haven      33

Dews       31

Town        29

Dony         27

Keighley    27

RAIDERS  24

York         23

Hunslet    21

Swinton    20

Barrow still have to play

28/7   Donny  away

4/8     Fax  home

11/8   Batley  away

18/8   Town  home

22/8   Swinton  away

1/9     Keighley  home

I was impressed with Ben Hellewell today! Retuned the ball well, I think he's got backhouse covered in being the ugliest at the club to lol

The league table is now:

Fev 51 points

Sheff 49

Fax 47

Leigh 43

Batley 43

Haven 33

Dews 31

Town 29

Dony 27

Keighley 27

RAIDERS 24

York 23

Hunslet 21

Swinton 20

28/7 Donny away

4/8 Fax home

11/8 Batley away

18/8 Town home

22/8 Swinton away

1/9 Keighley home

Can't see much joy from next 3 games but final 3 games are where we should pick up at least 7 pts. Can see the relegation fight going down to last weekend of season!

Disagree with that. Casey organises the team very well for his age. His kicking game was off today but for the majority of this season it's been rather good. His passing game has been very good this season, he doesn't have much of a running game but I feel Campbell makes up for that when he plays at 7.

Casey at 6 and Campbell at 7 are more than capable of cutting it at this level.

Campbell shouldn't have to make up for casey being so useless though, easily have kaighan over him

Campbell shouldn't have to make up for casey being so useless though, easily have kaighan over him

I didn't state Casey was useless, I stated he didn't have a running game which a lot of halves don't have at this level.

3 points are a massive boost to the club but was that 2nd half a confidence blow to the players ?

(If only here) but, if only we got that 1st try we bombed in the 2nd half the half would have been very different, we probably would have put 50 into them and the confidence would be sky high with 7 out 9 points & a big home win. 

Hope we take our points form into the Donny game & coming home with a BP shouldn't be a shock, but as York away got a monkey off our back im going for a moral boosting win for the lads :) stranger things happen.

Why does Holty keep taking Mossop off?

Cannot weigh up this hooker rotation trend unless you have two great number 9s !!!!! Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

I agree I thought mossop run the show in first half and verysurpr ised when he didn't start second half

I didn't state Casey was useless, I stated he didn't have a running game which a lot of halves don't have at this level.

But you need 2 decent half backs that are good at running with the ball for the team to be good... Somet we don't have hence why we struggle

The league table is now:

Fev         51 points

Sheff       49

Fax          47

Leigh       43

Batley      43

Haven      33

Dews       31

Town        29

Dony         27

Keighley    27

RAIDERS  24

York         23

Hunslet    21

Swinton    20

28/7   Donny  away

4/8     Fax  home

11/8   Batley  away

18/8   Town  home

22/8   Swinton  away

1/9     Keighley  home

We will need oxygen being so high up the table :-)

Got to give hunslet a lot of credit for coming out and having a go to go in at halftime and 24 points down and then play like they did 2nd half takes some doing.I reckon the team should only watch the 2nd half and in a away it might just work in our favour with it ending up a tight contest.thought the 2 new lads performed well full back took everything on the full and the centre was what we needed a bit of size and he didn't look short on confidence credit to arron low because that last ditch tackle saved the result for barra.

It was fairly obvious that Hunslet were going to come out in that second half and throw absolutely everything they could at us and, credit to them, they did. We, on the other hand, were absolutely brainless at times: Why the hell we never took the opportunity to put two points on the board late on to make it 30-26, I'll never know. All it ended up in was yet more lost ball on the third tackle and us under pressure again.

Suicidal rugby, but at least we came away with the points. I said at the start of the game I'd settle for a one point victory, but NOT from being 28-6 up!!! We can't afford to play that badly against Donny, Halifax and Batley or we'll get absolutely murdered.

I hope that when the video is watched, Holt doesn't just look at the woeful individual mistakes, but also looks at the timing of his substitutions as I'm sure that some of these were at least partially responsible for the total loss of momentum. No use spelling people for spelling's sake! Coaching-by-numbers, rather than reacting to circumstances. Keep your best players on for as long as possible.

It was fairly obvious that Hunslet were going to come out in that second half and throw absolutely everything they could at us and, credit to them, they did. We, on the other hand, were absolutely brainless at times: Why the hell we never took the opportunity to put two points on the board late on to make it 30-26, I'll never know. All it ended up in was yet more lost ball on the third tackle and us under pressure again.

Suicidal rugby, but at least we came away with the points. I said at the start of the game I'd settle for a one point victory, but NOT from being 28-6 up!!! We can't afford to play that badly against Donny, Halifax and Batley or we'll get absolutely murdered.

I hope that when the video is watched, Holt doesn't just look at the woeful individual mistakes, but also looks at the timing of his substitutions as I'm sure that some of these were at least partially responsible for the total loss of momentum. No use spelling people for spelling's sake! Coaching-by-numbers, rather than reacting to circumstances. Keep your best players on for as long as possible.

BANG ON.!!

The second half was likened to a rabbit and a headlamp.!! They looked shattered, Granted it was very warm,But its the same for both sides.

They looked like a big unit, But gladly we held out.!!!

Well Done also for the new guy's.Top drawer.

Goudie.

:tongue:

What's worrying is apart from dewsbury at home, every other win has been by 2 points

We beat Swinton 36-16

I think you guys will be safe this season. I think keighley and swinton will go down. Keighleys run in now is really hard their remaining games are against the top 8 clubs.

But you need 2 decent half backs that are good at running with the ball for the team to be good... Somet we don't have hence why we struggle

No you don't. Check the side who have won the most Grand Finals in the last 5 years and see if their half back has a good running game.