Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robin  Evans

cup final

13 posts in this topic

Fair play to leigh today. They've delivered when it matters!

Yes well done to Leigh. Thought Sheffield were the team this year

To anyone who went today was it a good turn out and a better day than having it at Blackpool

Are you seriously suggesting with the summer we are having that playing the final at Halifax was a better option than Blackpool.?

Purely from a personal perspective id sooner visit fax than b'pool any day.

Just down to preferences I suppose

Fax over Blackpool Robin !!!! thought you enjoyed a drink

and tho it's a generalising comment, I enjoy Fax cos the boozers are much better, the ale is much better, there is a greater choice of good ales and it's nowhere near as expensive. I've always found a decent curry in fax and again, a generalised comment.... I just find it a nicer place. I can't stand Blackpool. I'd enjoy a night round Wombwell more than a Blackpool jolly up!!!

that said, just a short taxi ride away from the sheeeeite hole of what most folk call b'poo,l there is a totally different b'pool most folks don't visit. Now that bit I can cope with!!!

4179 was a bit of a poor turn out ,

Probably played a part that it was the first final where one of the participants took less than 1,000 as in Sheffield's case, though some of that shortfall was compensated by Crusaders.

The atmosphere at the game was better than Blackpool, but the build up not quite as good with there being no communal pub as such given how small the Three Pigeons/Pump Room are.

Fair play to leigh today. They've delivered when it matters!

They snuffed out Brambani, Robin, being their main play maker they lost their way

Sheffield, Welsh and London Teams playing don't forget thats a good crowd must have been a good 2,00 from Leigh