Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duffymoon

ARE WE DOWN?

59 posts in this topic

Looking at the remaining fixtures I can't see us getting anything from the games against Featherstone and Leigh.Possible wins in the home games v York and Barrow and maybe a bonus point from the tough away games at Doncaster and Whitehaven.That would give us around 27/28 points ? York have some tough games still to come,clutching at atraws?

Turn off the lights and pull all the plugs out. Believe me we are down, dead and buried, expired, an ex-Lion.

As a town fan I think that was the worst team thats been to derwent park this year

I am sorry to say it but I cannot see anyway that we will not be relegated..............we are not even running teams close, I did not go up to Workington, but Steve did and for him to be so despondent tells me there is no hope................:(

Shipping 44 shows just how we have failed to kick on in the last two years. No chance of winning even bonus points in this league with those kind of scores against. No competition last year meant a year of standing still and now everyone (teams that finished behind us in 2011 and finished 3rd and 4th in last years champ 1)have improved beyond us.

All is okay on the training ground.....

Sad and disgraceful then at the same time.

I hate being negative, but Wayne you're right, as there seems precious little to be positive about. I'm not knocking the players honestly, coz I can see the effort is going in. But in my opinion there is a lack of confidence and lack of belief (which maybe is understandable given recent results). The relationship with Warrington has not worked out as hoped. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Just got back from Worky, and apart from me, I counted only another 15 others from this end who'd gone to West Cumbria!

Strange as it may seem, the effort was there throughout, and unlike last week, heads didn't go down!

Watto's absence was noticeable, just as it was when he was out injured, and 9-3 to the home side in the penalty count tells its own story.

Kevin Penny took his brace of tries well, and Matt Sarsfield was my pick of the forwards.

I came away disappointed at the result, but I'm not gonna knock the work the lads put in!

Spelly.

Chambers insists the training goes well,.Since he came we have gome backwards. How can he have motivated a team that lets in 44 points. He justs locates himself in dug out and the world appears to carry on around him. He does not instill confidence in me never mind the team.

Just got back from Worky, and apart from me, I counted only another 15 others from this end who'd gone to West Cumbria!

Strange as it may seem, the effort was there throughout, and unlike last week, heads didn't go down!

Watto's absence was noticeable, just as it was when he was out injured, and 9-3 to the home side in the penalty count tells its own story.

Kevin Penny took his brace of tries well, and Matt Sarsfield was my pick of the forwards.

I came away disappointed at the result, but I'm not gonna knock the work the lads put in!

Spelly.

Hi Spelly.

Has your blog been pulled from the club website, or is its disappearance down to a technical issue?

we were down when the meeting took place at the bottom legion and delivered the by the chairman.  people are saying DR wont be here next seaason and we can get back to the old times, I am worried about the fans who have stayed away because of the chaiman's choice to become Warrington's #####.

I am a stay away fan who cant stand to be in the same ground has JK never mind come back to support the team.

very bad times for the lions and I fear for the worse.

Hi Spelly.

Has your blog been pulled from the club website, or is its disappearance down to a technical issue?

Paul Kidd told me there's been a problem, but it should be up and running again tomorrow, hence me posting on here instead.

Spelly.

Shipping 44 shows just how we have failed to kick on in the last two years. No chance of winning even bonus points in this league with those kind of scores against. No competition last year meant a year of standing still and now everyone (teams that finished behind us in 2011 and finished 3rd and 4th in last years champ 1)have improved beyond us.

All is okay on the training ground.....

Sad and disgraceful then at the same time.

While their win record was far from outstanding, I felt the 2012 squad wasn't a million miles away from being a competitive Championship side. They ought to have beaten Fev, gave Halifax a titanic struggle and turned over Batley.

With 3 or 4 additions that team could have made an impact into the top half of the league. Sadly in reality lots of the better players left, to be replaced by Warrington players.

The trajectory was a positive one until the impact of partnering with Warrington came into play. Well done to Steve McCormack for walking away rather than have his authority undermined. It must be at least a bit heart breaking for him too, to see his hard work to turn the club's fortunes on the field around be dismantled in this way.

While their win record was far from outstanding, I felt the 2012 squad wasn't a million miles away from being a competitive Championship side. They ought to have beaten Fev, gave Halifax a titanic struggle and turned over Batley.

With 3 or 4 additions that team could have made an impact into the top half of the league. Sadly in reality lots of the better players left, to be replaced by Warrington players.

The trajectory was a positive one until the impact of partnering with Warrington came into play. Well done to Steve McCormack for walking away rather than have his authority undermined. It must be at least a bit heart breaking for him too, to see his hard work to turn the club's fortunes on the field around be dismantled in this way.

you know Steve walked for this reason Phil or is it merely you speculating.

Do you know that Steve McCormack left for another reason Alan, or are you just speculating?

Do you know that Steve McCormack left for another reason Alan, or are you just speculating?

Its been quite openly stated in the press and IN PERSON during an on field presentation tbat he left for family reasons so this posting is made purely with the aim of causing trouble and is yet again in bad taste and disrespectful. Yet again no doubt that will be overlooked as you have to be given the right to your opinion .

Its been quite openly stated in the press and IN PERSON during an on field presentation tbat he left for family reasons so this posting is made purely with the aim of causing trouble and is yet again in bad taste and disrespectful. Yet again no doubt that will be overlooked as you have to be given the right to your opinion .

Just telling it as I see it Mark. When a coach leaves a job there's a 'real politic' to be followed, especially if the individual concerned has any ambition to get back into the game.

If you take a look back over Steve McCormack's coaching career he has moved on from a few jobs of his own volition. One trait is that his departure tends to be followed by a slump in that club's playing fortunes. Another trait is that he tends to quote 'family reasons' for leaving.

Perhaps you prefer to believe that people always tell the whole truth in these sorts of situations? Am I surprised you take a different view to mine?

I prefer not to dredge up a situation that doesn't need dwelling on

That is all.

Yes I love to disagree with you. Its my raison d'etre

Just telling it as I see it Mark.

Just telling it how you want to see it more like!

Back to the original thread, it ain't over till its over.

Hard games to come, a lot of rugby to be played and points to be won/lost.

Two important home games against barrow and york and see what we can scrap out.

Others have difficult run ins including york, barrow, hunslet and keighley.

Will need to turn things round though, we need to tighten the defence we need to play with the ball

Start next week and keep going from there.

Back to the original thread, it ain't over till its over.

Hard games to come, a lot of rugby to be played and points to be won/lost.

Two important home games against barrow and york and see what we can scrap out.

Others have difficult run ins including york, barrow, hunslet and keighley.

Will need to turn things round though, we need to tighten the defence we need to play with the ball

Start next week and keep going from there.

Spot on mate. We are truly backs to the wall but it isnt impossible!

Coach's tend not to cause trouble when they leave clubs unless they are really, really miffed, because they are usually leaving behind people who they like and have respect for, including the fans, and Steve McCormack is a very nice man and talented coach. Press releases from RL clubs are what they want the fans to hear. Good luck to Swinton RLFC in your battle against relegation, seriously. I'm not a fan but I take no pleasure in your situation. Great club with a fantastic history and some really top suporters, and its a tragedy what has been allowed to happen.

Coach's tend not to cause trouble when they leave clubs unless they are really, really miffed, because they are usually leaving behind people who they like and have respect for, including the fans, and Steve McCormack is a very nice man and talented coach. Press releases from RL clubs are what they want the fans to hear. Good luck to Swinton RLFC in your battle against relegation, seriously. I'm not a fan but I take no pleasure in your situation. Great club with a fantastic history and some really top suporters, and its a tragedy what has been allowed to happen.

Good post this Rooster.

One or two of our fans should take the time to speak to the coach before posting.