Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Whitehaven Game

58 posts in this topic

Quick turn around for the lads on Thursday,can't see us winning this one,but will be happy with a b-point .Think it will be Haven 30-Rams 18.

GM commented on the difficulties associated with this game. He reckons that some players will be forced to take two days off work in order to play in Cumbria on a Thursday night, which can't do too much for morale.

I reckon we would have done very well if we could get a BP out of this as 'Haven are in a run of decent form and strong at their own ground. i can't imagine there will be many Rams fans there cheering them on either.

Is there a bus going from the stadium and if so what time

Bad fixture but we cant say owt has they played at our ground on a Thursday night.Might nick a point.

Yes,it will leave the stadium at 14.30,then the bus station at 14.45,well done to any fan going to this game,work for me,but will record the game,then watch it when i finish my shift.

Yes,it will leave the stadium at 14.30,then the bus station at 14.45,well done to any fan going to this game,work for me,but will record the game,then watch it when i finish my shift.

But what time would I get back into Dewsbury?

Would think the bus would head back thirty minutes after final hooter,so you will be looking at around two in the morning to get back to Dewsbury.

Would think the bus would head back thirty minutes after final hooter,so you will be looking at around two in the morning to get back to Dewsbury.

That would mean a very expensive taxi back to Huddersfield then :(

That would mean a very expensive taxi back to Huddersfield then :(

what have park benches got in Huddersfield that Dewsbury don't Eddie ;)

I know this, Batley fans crying over the burst bubble.

That sounds like one very slow bus!!! Match finishes at approx 9.05pm bus leaves at 9.35pm for a maximum 3 hour trip, probably nearer 2.5 hours trip, so you should be in Dewsbury by mid-night.

That sounds like one very slow bus!!! Match finishes at approx 9.05pm bus leaves at 9.35pm for a maximum 3 hour trip, probably nearer 2.5 hours trip, so you should be in Dewsbury by mid-night.

You might be right,just a educated guess,given people might be late getting back on the bus,they might stop half way though for a break on the journey back.

What's wrong Piggy, nothing to talk about on your forum now the bubble has burst!

Not even been shown live now due to football i'd be fuming if i was dewsbury

Not even been shown live now due to football i'd be fuming if i was dewsbury

What are you on about, Mr Cup? According to my Sky planner the match coverage starts at 7.30 on Premier Sports with the usual 7.15 freebies introduction?

What are you on about, Mr Cup? According to my Sky planner the match coverage starts at 7.30 on Premier Sports with the usual 7.15 freebies introduction?

Says on rugbyleagueontv.co.uk the match will be shown at ten.

Think it is disgraceful. Premier Sports changed the fixture for them to televise and now decide to delay. Very unfair on both teams and supporters. Players on both sides will have had to take time off work as will back room staff and supporters and they then delay it. ###### way to treat everyone.

Im raging about it taking me girlfriend to edinburgh on a pre planned trip thurs and fri originally meant so i would be back for the game on sunday was raging when they brought it forward to thursday and now it isn,t even live makes it even worse !!!!!

Premier Sports are a an absolute disgrace. The game is even on Freeview now, which begs the question as to whether there is any point in paying for a subscription? Don't get me wrong, that's great for people who don't subscribe, but what's the benefit for those who have? Will there be some form of rebate? Incidentally, the soccer extravaganza that is suddenly taking precedent over tomorrow nights Championship action is a massive Europa League qualifying showdown between the mighty Linfield and Greek island superclub Xanthi. What an absolute farce.....

Does anyone know what financial benefit the Clubs get from Premier Sports?

None I believe.

Premier Sports are a an absolute disgrace. The game is even on Freeview now, which begs the question as to whether there is any point in paying for a subscription? Don't get me wrong, that's great for people who don't subscribe, but what's the benefit for those who have? Will there be some form of rebate? Incidentally, the soccer extravaganza that is suddenly taking precedent over tomorrow nights Championship action is a massive Europa League qualifying showdown between the mighty Linfield and Greek island superclub Xanthi. What an absolute farce.....

I agree but, sadly, the soccer will probably get a better actual attendance and TV audience.

We are small beer to TV.

Like others, I cannot make it to the game tonight, nor do I think we will win. I was wrong with my prediction on Sunday, but I will be most surprised if I am wrong today.

Injury concerns are mounting again. Morrison had to take off players at Keighley through injury; he will just have to bring back any player out on loan!

Play as a team for eighty minutes for once (think this was suggested a few times with our previous coach) and look for opportunities to kick downfield when winning a scrum in our half; could have done this a few times on Sunday, but failed to do so.

Whitehaven 36-12 Dewsbury

Att: 688