Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Whitehaven Game

58 posts in this topic

total farce by Premier sports...discraceful disrespect to Whitehaven and Dewsbury and to RL in general as well as premier sports subscribers

We all know football comes before RL but linfield? . Also maybe the problems premier experienced the last time they televised a game at haven might have played a part in their decision too. (Just a thought) . But I agree its wrong.

think that was just an electrical failure at at a nearby power station shouldn,t have been any problem tonight with floodlights not being needed

what freeview channel is premier sports on ?

anybody please.

what freeview channel is premier sports on ?

anybody please.

It isn't available on Freeview.

However, it is available to watch free (i.e. unscrambled) on Premier Sports channel 428 on Sky.

On some occasions this year the late televising of games was caused by the driver of the satellite wagon over-estimating his driving capability and estimated time of arrival. In the past the channel has shown rugby union games and due to the furore caused by league viewers, on this occasion resulted in playing safe and showing a sport loved by the majority of decent people. In future to avoid this situation recurring, perhaps they should tell the sat man the game is on Wednesday and he may arrive on time.

I think its your shrink that needs to arrive on time .

Latest Score Marras 8 rams 14

Odds on another 2nd half meltdown ?

Haven 14 Rams 15 (60 mins gone)

haven 16 Rams 15 (70mins)

Final Score Have 16 Rams 15................

Would have settled for that pre-match

Was it a good game? Is it worth watching later on? Even though I've just seen the score damn it argh lol.

Was it a good game? Is it worth watching later on? Even though I've just seen the score damn it argh lol.

It was a very good game (based on what I heard on the radio).

Am mighty effort from what I hear.

Ballykissangel v Lesbos ladies ran into extra time so they cut off the last ten minutes of rugby. Premier ? R soles - wouldn't subscribe if it was the only channel left with a transmitter. :angry:

Hate to say it, but you Ostriches were pretty badly done to there. Mr Turley seemed as swayed by the rather deserving Whitehaven crowd in the same fashion he was during our contest with them a few weeks back. Indisciplined as we were that day, a penalty count of 15-5 was stupidly disproportionate. Oddly enough, Dave Woods labelled him a 'clown' that day, and the Whitehaven fans seem to think he's the devil incarnate! Lord knows how they'd react if they were on the receiving end of a penalty count. His interpretation of the forward pass rule is most interesting!

Threw it away at the end giving away two silly penalties. Thanks to BBC Radio Cumbria for ,the commentary.

Just watched on Premier, we made too many errors and the penalty count was unrepresentative of the game. But at the end of the day we lacked composure in the second half and lacked leadership. Schofield is talented but needs to improve his defence, he was certainly pinpointed on defence. But truth be told Whitehaven were the better side and we were just hanging on for most of the second half.

But anothe bonus point and a big effort aft a long midweek journey and a short turnaround.

Ballykissangel v Lesbos ladies ran into extra time so they cut off the last ten minutes of rugby. Premier ? R soles - wouldn't subscribe if it was the only channel left with a transmitter. :angry:

So are you saying that they just stopped showing the game 10 minutes from time? If so it would be a big disappointment to anybody who'd been careful not to hear the final score before they got to see the match. There seems to be no end to the contempt these people have for their customers.

Sounds like a great effort by the team. Well done to all.

So are you saying that they just stopped showing the game 10 minutes from time? If so it would be a big disappointment to anybody who'd been careful not to hear the final score before they got to see the match. There seems to be no end to the contempt these people have for their customers.

Sounds like a great effort by the team. Well done to all.

That's exactly what they did - no warning or apology, just straight over to all Ireland football. Good effort from the lads, but Whitehaven were the better side. The things that stood out for me were :

1.Calvert must be old as god, but he still had far too much gas for our lot - GM please consider signing some out and out pace in the backs for next season.

2. We still play some dumb football - the drop goal by Schofield on the second tackle with twenty minutes left after we had been under the cosh, put us straight back under pressure, and was never going to be the last score - even his dad said he would be having a word. Also can't understand why he went for the intercept on the last tackle, conceding the scrum that led to the haven penalty - it would have been easier to dump the winger in touch.

3. We still rely too heavily on the kick to the corner for our tries - I'd like to know what percentage of our tries have been scored this way - haven must have been gobsmacked when the ball went along the line for Craven's try.

4. Have to agree with terminator - the ref did seem to confer with the crowd on most of his decisions, but strangely enough, I don't think he actually influenced the result - we just weren't quite good enough. Another point towards safety though I guess. Premier ? SPLITTERS.

Young lads cant get experienced heads on straight away it takes a bit of time and i think its happening.To go up there on the same day never mind for a night match is not the best preperation .Losing by one point all though sickening aint a bad result.Whats worse is how the tv channel seems to want to reduce its coverage to a commercial break status.Well weve got our own man on the top table lets get into him to push for change.This channel has no support for rugby league.

Young lads cant get experienced heads on straight away it takes a bit of time and i think its happening.To go up there on the same day never mind for a night match is not the best preperation .Losing by one point all though sickening aint a bad result.Whats worse is how the tv channel seems to want to reduce its coverage to a commercial break status.Well weve got our own man on the top table lets get into him to push for change.This channel has no support for rugby league.

Well they show 7 NRL games every week as well as the SoO matches so I reckon that they do have a claim to support RL; just maybe not the bit of RL that we might want to see more of.

Having a man at the top table isn't really so relevant is it? The levels of support for Championship matches isn't really a big bargaining chip, unfortunately, so we accept whatever scraps there are. I can't imagine that anyone has really taken out a £10 pm subscription simply to watch Championship RL, can you?

I suppose the key is finding another broadcaster who would like to show our matches and none have come rushing forward so far.

Just watched on Premier, we made too many errors and the penalty count was unrepresentative of the game. But at the end of the day we lacked composure in the second half and lacked leadership. Schofield is talented but needs to improve his defence, he was certainly pinpointed on defence. But truth be told Whitehaven were the better side and we were just hanging on for most of the second half.

But anothe bonus point and a big effort aft a long midweek journey and a short turnaround.

I watched 68 mins till it went off, good effort first half but I too thought Haven were the better side, bombed a few chances too, but a bonus point midweek is a fine effort by your boys.