Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cutsyke Raiders

Current championship professionals in the NCL

Dual registration of professionals in the NCL   36 members have voted

1. 1. Should current pro's dual register in the NCL in any form?

• Yes - in some form
    • Yes - in any form
    • Not bothered - I will accept either way
    • No - under any circumstances

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80 posts in this topic

Summer / Winter thread hijack no. 356

The trouble with simplistic polls is that they don't cover the range of opinions. 

Everyone that prefers summer should join a summer comp.

Everyone that prefers winter should join a winter comp.

where it all gets confused is when the stalinists, on both sides, demand that their's should be the only comp...

Hence 20 odd page forum threads with no clarity.

It's up to BARLA to offer a viable alternative if they think there are enough summer teams that want to switch...

Never gonna happen..

This has been the case for years, summer rugby has been around for years and anyone wishing to play summer could have done so,

Clubs wanting to play at a decent level where left with no place to go unless they stayed with the NCL,

And the poll I asked for could not get any simpler, it's asking people (amitures) do they prefer winter rugby are summer rugby, no need to add anything else are strongly recommend which way people should vote.

Can the person who set this poll up do the same with the summer v winter?, then we will have a thread to discus it on,

What on earth has winter / summer got to do with Dual Reg ?  Yet another hi-jacked thread.

Time you non  NCL directly  involved people vacated this site in favour of the Community one . Feel free to sound off there to your heart's content - that's what forums are for  , but leave this one to NCL agenda items raised by and responded to by NCL people........

Sometimes you see a lot more standing on the outside looking in :triniti:

No..............back on topic............Del Capo when are you going to advise the NCL Clubs they should accept the agreed Dual Reg Policy accepted at Community Board?

Really? are you sure about that? i only ask due to the fact that one Phil Joseph turned out for one game against Crigg All Blacks!! then low and behold during the following week his transfer from Bradford to Widnes was announced. the crigg chairman complained to the pennine league management but were told that the team he turned out for had done nothing wrong?!?!? IMO its amateur rugby, lets keep it that way.

Looks like Phil Joseph was released by the Bulls which made him at the time a none contracted player.

Ok back to topic .

Del Capo where do you sit on DR ?

Been asked before and dodged the question with slurry, I'm sure a simple yes or no would suffice. 

What on earth has winter / summer got to do with Dual Reg ?  Yet another hi-jacked thread.

Time you non  NCL directly  involved people vacated this site in favour of the Community one . Feel free to sound off there to your heart's content - that's what forums are for  , but leave this one to NCL agenda items raised by and responded to by NCL people........

I'm sure that Dual Reg will be extremly high on the NCL agenda pretty soon Del Boy

People have openly said if the NCL accept DR they would walk away from the game, this poll suggest most are against it but no doubt when the NCL committee look into it they will strongly suggest the clubs vote in favour of DR,

Would love to see the result of a poll I suggested earlier , winter or summer,

I'm sure that Dual Reg will be extremly high on the NCL agenda pretty soon Del Boy

Over the last few month's (I could be reading this wrong) It has looked to me that decisions are made by the NCL committee then their recommendations are past to the floor to be voted on.

If you want a Poll then start one on some other forum.

People have openly said if the NCL accept DR they would walk away from the game, this poll suggest most are against it but no doubt when the NCL committee look into it they will strongly suggest the clubs vote in favour of DR,

About 30% didn't want summer in the first place and that's even after the NCL committee made their recommendations that  (RFL Spin) summer would be the eternal life of the amateur game, now we are well into the second season and the tree is only bearing fruit on the chosen tree's I wonder how the vote would go now.

If you want a Poll then start one on some other forum.

"Why" ?

OP2.0 Playing – Ex Professionals

OP2.1   A Professional Player is not allowed to register with the National Conference League until all contractual arrangements are completed or otherwise terminated by mutual consent of both the player and Professional Club, full details of which to be confirmed in writing with this League at the time of registration.

OP2.2    Once two calendar years have elapsed from the confirmed date of a Player’s registration with the National Conference League then the Players shall not count as an ex-professional.

Back to Topic  so the NCL,s rules as they stand do not allow DR.

Strong vibes coming out of RED HALL  that DP will be a part of the MOU / operational rules .

Now looking at the poll results on here so far " There may be trouble ahead "

Could we see an increase in the travel subsidy ? :rtfm:

"Why" ?

Because this forum is about the NCL, which unless you haven't noticed, is playing in Summer.   If the NCL decide to return to Winter it will be their (the clubs) decision rather than a poll undertaken by a handful of posters on here.

About 30% didn't want summer in the first place and that's even after the NCL committee made their recommendations that  (RFL Spin) summer would be the eternal life of the amateur game, now we are well into the second season and the tree is only bearing fruit on the chosen tree's I wonder how the vote would go now.

And how is this relevant to DR?  

And how is this relevant to DR?  

Well lets see,

Who instigated the NCL to go into the summer ? how many meetings did the NCL clubs actually have to thrash out the move to summer? who allowed elite junior/youth team building? who told the elite service area kids if they are to get on they will have to go to certain amateur clubs ? who are the elite NCL clubs who are benefitting ? who is going to force DR onto the NCL ?

If you haven't noticed every little change has just been a stepping stone in one direction.

lets also look at the community board, who selected all it's members ?  how and why and who selected the two independent members of the community board? why can't new leagues be set up without the community boards blessing? If you look at who attended some of the community board meetings you'll see nearly as many RFL paid personal there as volunteers, why ?

IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED IT'S ONE CHANGE AFTER ANOTHER AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ENDORSED BY THE SAME FEW PUPPETS, "Who is actually in control of the NCL"

Because this forum is about the NCL, which unless you haven't noticed, is playing in Summer.   If the NCL decide to return to Winter it will be their (the clubs) decision rather than a poll undertaken by a handful of posters on here.

You're straying offside ref I thought that this thread was on dual reg. But while you mention it the NCL won't return to a traditional season because as you so rightly know it has now been grabbed as the next level to support the ailing professional game. The teams however may do. 

IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED IT'S ONE CHANGE AFTER ANOTHER AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ENDORSED BY THE SAME FEW PUPPETS, "Who is actually in control of the NCL"

Tut tut you'll be getting a team warning for continuing to stray off thread - but that;s easy to answer - the RFL

Who is that the reason!!! i I thought it was because this poll couldn't be manipulated and you may be concerned that the truth may come out who are not happy with summer,

This poll wouldn't change the outcome of the playing season, but it might open people's eyes and give people the opportunity to voice there opinion, in a straight forward no bull poll.

correct me if I'm wrong. The NCL are not summer based but are currently on a three year trail period to be discussed and voted on again if the members want it, so how better to gage the level of interest by a poll on an open forum.

The members were told if summer doesn't work we could always go back to winter, What has changed?

As an outsider (to NCL) looking in, it always seems surprising (and silly?) that of all the main UK sports, the only one arguing about amatuer Vs. professional is Rugby League.

Tut tut you'll be getting a team warning for continuing to stray off thread - but that;s easy to answer - the RFL

It may be straying offfffffff of thread but it's all part of a bigger picture that probably 99% of the people involved with the amateur game have not and still not aware of (That's probably why we are constantly being told we are going off of thread because more and more skulduggery is being unearthed) and you can't tell me that the calibre of the people sat on the top table of the NCL/Community Board/Yorkshire Youth didn't know the full RFL plan - I have to question why, especially when it's obvious that it's not working across the board, maybe a MBE for services to amateur Rugby League :tease:

Well lets see,

Who instigated the NCL to go into the summer ? how many meetings did the NCL clubs actually have to thrash out the move to summer? who allowed elite junior/youth team building? who told the elite service area kids if they are to get on they will have to go to certain amateur clubs ? who are the elite NCL clubs who are benefitting ? who is going to force DR onto the NCL ?

If you haven't noticed every little change has just been a stepping stone in one direction.

lets also look at the community board, who selected all it's members ?  how and why and who selected the two independent members of the community board? why can't new leagues be set up without the community boards blessing? If you look at who attended some of the community board meetings you'll see nearly as many RFL paid personal there as volunteers, why ?

I still can't get why you're so very interested in the NCL. Let the NCL Clubs worry about the NCL and "who is actually in control". It isn't your problem. If they want summer or winter - it will be their decision. Unfortunately for you, your opinions won't be considered.

I have nailed my colours to the mast ages ago, from a purely personal view I want a return to winter. However as a forum moderator of this NCL Forum I am obviously aware that the Winter Warriors  are hacking every thread.  People are staying away from the forum because they are sick to the back teeth of the repetitive, boring nonsense.   This forum used to thrive on healthy debate and banter about NCL clubs, games, players and referees, now it is a haven for a handful of habitual whingers.

I have nailed my colours to the mast ages ago, from a purely personal view I want a return to winter. However as a forum moderator of this NCL Forum I am obviously aware that the Winter Warriors  are hacking every thread.  People are staying away from the forum because they are sick to the back teeth of the repetitive, boring nonsense.   This forum used to thrive on healthy debate and banter about NCL clubs, games, players and referees, now it is a haven for a handful of habitual whingers.

I appreciate what you are saying but most threads turn to winter summer debate, because most of the current talking point are directly relating the the switch,

Games being called off,

Massive difference in score,

The big reduction of youth now not playing in summer

Duel registration

Player availability

The RFL infiltration of the amiture game

It isn't a simple rule that has been changed, it's altered the Cours of over a hundred years of tradition,

How many recent threads have been started that don't link into the switch?

This thread we are currently on wouldn't have been started if the switch haven't taken place , would it?

So you could say the demise of the forum is a result of the switch!!!!!