Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gambler

SIDDAL

61 posts in this topic

Our coach selects the best 17 he think he has available.

The players from last Saturday :) (Without a few who where working or helping Sheffield to 84 - 0 away win.

maraudersvbentley050_zps61f828a1.jpg

maraudersvbentley001_zps247af44b.jpg

Great Picture of a big crowd watching rugby in the summer!!!!!!!!

We have players who work away,

injuries 

rotation of players,

in the 2nds we have a few ageing players who are willing to stand aside for the young lads and step forward to breach any gaps due to the above.

The winter break looks to be over, I saw one of the Queens players at the BARLA over 35's at the Featherstone Lions ground a couple of weeks ago, he looked fit and trim :)

I'd like to struggle like the best team in Leeds and come runners up in the Pennine Premier

I agree 4 good sides in the pennine League that would compete with the premier clubs in the NCL but after that very little.

I agree 4 good sides in the pennine League that would compete with the premier clubs in the NCL but after that very little.

Watch West Bowling if they can keep their young side together.

The decision to allow Queens in to the Pennine has proved to be a good one.

Maybe thats right but it doesnt make the orginal decision right does it

Cant see why they just cant start the season in say november and then it'll finish in june/july, ,there for the finals will be played on hopefully a warm summers day instead of the finals in winter(supposed to be summer rugby) plus theres most of july /August for holidays stag dos ect

Maybe thats right but it doesnt make the orginal decision right does it

Maybe not, but because of the time scale and argument put forward the Pennine committee had to make a decision that they knew would be controversial, I'm sure Queens would have been given the riot act.

It's also fair to say the Pennine league committee have not made a habit of making  such decisions, we've found them to be open, fair and very unbiased. which is probably one of the reasons it's growing in strength.

We have players who work away,

injuries 

rotation of players,

in the 2nds we have a few ageing players who are willing to stand aside for the young lads and step forward to breach any gaps due to the above.

The winter break looks to be over, I saw one of the Queens players at the BARLA over 35's at the Featherstone Lions ground a couple of weeks ago, he looked fit and trim :)

I'd like to struggle like the best team in Leeds and come runners up in the Pennine Premier

Having seen a few Leeds teams first hand id say East Leeds are the best side in leeds at the moment, how you can claim Queens are when themselves struggled for numbers during your fabulous winter season ill never know!

Having seen a few Leeds teams first hand id say East Leeds are the best side in leeds at the moment, how you can claim Queens are when themselves struggled for numbers during your fabulous winter season ill never know!

That answers the question, with 12 men they still came runners up in what has to be the most stable division in amateur rugby league and with players now available after a winter holiday they could be in with a better shout in our fabulous winter season which your lot left because of the shortage of players then made a come back into winter rugby (why when summer is so good beats me) then back to summer under the guidance of your ex-boy and Co.

Think they must do. Especially in the lower divisions of the Pennine League.

That answers the question, with 12 men they still came runners up in what has to be the most stable division in amateur rugby league and with players now available after a winter holiday they could be in with a better shout in our fabulous winter season which your lot left because of the shortage of players then made a come back into winter rugby (why when summer is so good beats me) then back to summer under the guidance of your ex-boy and Co.

The reason we left winter in the first place was nothing to do with a shortage of players (which I would be very happy to know how you thought we were short of players!) it was due to the fact the NL3 when it was first introduced was a great concept which has put teams like Hemel onto the path to where they are now.  Being entered into the northern rail cup for example seeing how teams coped we had a great trip to Hull KR. The progression to the professional ranks were supposed to be there after 3 years, but due to standards dropping and the main teams challenging were ourselves, Bramley and Warrington Wizards standards dropped, with teams dropping out and joining, so we rejoined the NCL for quality of rugby not because of the season. It wasnt a choice between winter and summer it was a choice of quality of rugby which has proved to be the case back in the NCL regardless of summer/winter/spring/autumn whatever spin you want to put on it.