Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Ashton

Championship RFL meetings

31 posts in this topic

Correct we don't but it would be nice to know were getting represented & which direction our club are aiming for.

Why not have a word with one of the directors when u see them ? I'm sure they'd be happy to put u in the picture. . They seem very approachable

Why not have a word with one of the directors when u see them ? I'm sure they'd be happy to put u in the picture. . They seem very approachable

I'd imagine they are fairly busy doing Director stuff on match days but may have time for an in depth chat but if not next time their in Texas i'll ask them ;) 

If that is the case Keith(which I honestly don't know) as I thought the last 8 was the bottom 4 of SL2 against the top 2 of the north league and the top 2 of the south league. But if you are right Keith then as you say it seems pointless unless their play offs will be played for a pot of cash.

Gaz, try looking at it like this.

SL1 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

SL2 - A B C D E F G H I J K L

1st group of 8 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

2nd group of 8 - 9 10 11 12 A B C D (Top 4 go up to SL1 next season)

3rd group of 8 - E F G H I J K L (Bottom club relegated to Champ 1)

We seem to have got away from my original comment. This point has still not been answered. Do we have a representative at the Championship meetings. If we don't we certainly should have. As far as I'm aware decisions are made by a show of hands on nominations. It's vital that we take part in these votes. Ideally matters to be discussed at Championship meetings should be communicated to supporters first. I realize this is not always possible but matters to be discussed should at the very least be considered by the directors.

As far as I am aware Super League and Championship have separate meetings about every month and they are chaired by the RFL (usually Nigel Wood I think.). Every club is supposed to be represented at these meetings. I have no idea whether all Clubs are the same but we have never been told who our rep is and a report of the proceedings is never given.

I think it is particularly important at the moment because I don't recall ever seeing a report on the last meeting or two stating who has attended and which way our Club's vote has been cast. For example do we agree with the proposals for 2015 et al or indeed 2014.

I feel this is very important for the Clubs future.

I see no reason why we can't report what has happened at such meetings Michael or which way we voted.

If you would like to tell me the vehicle you used for formally informing all supporters of such matters when you were on the BoD we will gladly replicate it.

Spot on Keith and you are quite correct. When I was on the BOD we should have kept supporters informed. I'm not making excuses but 10 years ago methods of communication were not as good as they are today.

Having said that we were always given advance notice of meetings and agendas. Peter Hornby and myself attended virtually all meetings and matters on the agenda were always discussed by the Board before and after the meetings.

Meetings were held at various locations, mainly in Yorkshire, and were chaired by Richard Lewis and Nigel Wood and others from RFL attended.

An attempt was made by RFL to move around the League and in fact one meeting was held at Craven Park. A bit nerve racking for Peter and myself getting the Board room organised.

As a point of interest it was said that if any Club missed 3 consecutive meetings sanctions would be imposed. I don't know whether the RFL ever instituted these regulations. The meetings were very useful for meeting directors of other Clubs and for discussing common problems.