Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team and predictions for Batley

191 posts in this topic

he certainley quitened you lot down

ha ha ha ha.....

Ha ha ha.....

Our service out wide and passing along the line certainly do need sharpening , only then do you see what your backs have in their locker . Luptons done great in a position that's not really his home , so as well as a strike centre it would be good to get a natural organising half with good kicking and passing skills to compliment Callum's flair game . ! I think we have the capacity to win a big game , but seeing our level of away performance in terms of consistency and quality I'll be stunned if we win at Batley .

Anyone else think it is unfair that Town have only a two day gap before they play Sheffield on Wednesday after Batley on Sunday, yet Sheffield play tonight and thus have a four day rest before they meet us? Clever fixture arrangements by them, especially as their next match (like us) is the following Sunday.

Although I am not suggesting we do this, but DR allows us to play five Widnes players against Batley on Sunday (no game for Widnes this week) and thus improve our squads chances on Wednesday. Perhaps that is not sportsmanlike!

Anyone else think it is unfair that Town have only a two day gap before they play Sheffield on Wednesday after Batley on Sunday, yet Sheffield play tonight and thus have a four day rest before they meet us? Clever fixture arrangements by them, especially as their next match (like us) is the following Sunday.

Although I am not suggesting we do this, but DR allows us to play five Widnes players against Batley on Sunday (no game for Widnes this week) and thus improve our squads chances on Wednesday. Perhaps that is not sportsmanlike!

It might not be sportsmanlike, but hey, since when did that matter this season, anything seems to go!! Three games in 8 days against the top clubs is enough for more better equipped clubs than us to manage so get the DR's in and share the load.

34-10 ... So that's four below us who've played 20

step up in league and a step up in the player proved himself and then some back end of last season and this.

only have to look at the lack of SJP cracks on here this season ,he certainly quietened you lot down.for the record i think you stand a very good chance of win on sunday, you could not be playing them at a better time.It looks like there is lots of trouble in their camp

we all took the **** out of JSP last season because frankly he was pants. you would have to be churlish not to admit that the guy has played well this season, we would all like him playing for us that's for sure.

Just one question H4E..............When did he quieten us lot down exactly ?

there was a thread about sjp evey other week on here last season,none this ,he set off slow last season but last 4 or 5 games came good won us a vital game away at rochdale to secure promotion

there was a thread about sjp evey other week on here last season,none this ,he set off slow last season but last 4 or 5 games came good won us a vital game away at rochdale to secure promotion

You failed to answer my question H4E ;)

ive answered your question , all very quiet on here about jjp this season

Ha yeah he's a good player but called a "legend" in tonight's paper? Ha where's does seeds stand in this legendary ? Ha ha ha

It must be that LEGENDARY hair cut he had done! That was a haircut and a half that!!

Where thacks and calders training last night?

thacks is definately playing tomorrow.

Have we any DR's playing seeing as how Widnes have no game this weekend?

wouldnt mind Craven

you would think paddy will be a definate, but with carter and thacks returning i just cant see us using anyone else. them 2 in for forber and cotter, and if fit rooney in for red. i think well utilise dual reg more on wednesday at sheffield which will be a much tougher game.

Why Rooney for Red?

because rooney is the best centre we have.

because rooney is the best centre we have.

l'd guess rooney will start on the bench for his comeback as he will need to get his match fitness back. I would be surprised if red was just dropped and rooney took his place.

It'll be interesting to see what they do when Rooney is up to speed , and you have Big Red , Mossop and Connor . Connor must figure for his kicking , so if Rooney is what is said about him he will start , so Red looks like wide runner bench cover . Or if Flynn can't come Connor on the wing ( I'm sure he can shift ) with Red & Rooney - now that would be a meaty pairing to see . Next year though it should be Rooney and AN Other ... I wouldn't give up on Red , he's still a baby , but he's not gonna be a prolific , strike centre . Impact player more like, but potential to be a handful still when reaching peak fitness and filling into his size . Time will see him a better player , this year it's been fits n starts .

My centres would be Rooney and red

DON'T FORGET It's a 2.00PM kick-off today

Carter

Flynn

Mossop

Connor

Miller

Lupton

C Phillips

Dowes

Mattinson

Coward