Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team and predictions for Batley

191 posts in this topic

Great win for your lads glad for you, the Batley fans don't think one of the smaller teams should be allowed to beat them as their a top 5 team. ;)

What a pity the Sheffield game is on the box otherwise we could have written it off and saved some bods for the Fev game. The last thing we want though is another heavy defeat in front of the cameras so we need to be competitive. I bet there will be some sore bodies come Thursday morning, I'm looking forward to the Fev game with some optimism if we can field a near full strength team.

I'm a bit surprised at the venom on the Batley forum, we didn't see any of that after the match, all the Batley supporters we spoke to were a bit surprised, but still sociable. The match was won because of Town's defence, I didn't see any lack of skill or desire from the Batley players, it was a great defensive display from both sides, but Town took a couple of opportunities better that they did.Town were heavily penalised in the first half, but still kept the score to two trys. To blame the defeat on problems at the club is just churlish, it was a good tight contest which could have gone either way. A pretty good start to our 'week of doom'.

I just think there clowns to be honest, few keyboard warriors!! We beat em fair and square and they don't seem to like it!! Few fans there seemed really nice too speak too

11 7 in favor of Batley it was 7 1 at half time in favor of batkey

The penalty count was 11 - 7 to Batley but the first half figure was 8 - 1 to Batley. It is reported this morning that John Kear wasn't very happy with the officials after Charlo had spoken to the referee coming out for the second half he gave 6 penalties to 3 in Towns favour. There's another excuse but this time from a coach under pressure!!!

Charlo miraculously turned the game apparently by having a word with Ronnie before the second half ... Classy that one John

knew you guys could win it well done !

At the start of the season I couldn't see any team outside the top 5 teams beating any of them away from home, I thought a bonus point from any of them would be outstanding. So now town have managed to do it and Donny have done it twice, has any other team won away against these teams ?

Can anyone remember our last comparable win to that away from home ? Obviously a fair while .

Lets give a heap of praise to our away support.

I remember when I went to most away games and everyone thought you were mad to follow a losing team.

Days like yesterday are what you live for and make all those long journeys home worthwhile.

Keep it up guys!

Don,t you think it would be a good idea for the town to show the match down the club?

Yea would be great great to put the match on down at dp for the folk that aint going to the game extra pennys for the club

Really interested to see the team sheet for Wednesday . Aston says he was unhappy after yesterday and he's gonna give some kids a go !! We'll see .