Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gregory

Catalan away support

30 posts in this topic

As somebody who likes to travel to games for weekends, I'd say the biggest barrier to away fans travelling is the scheduling. Almost all fixtures are on Friday night or Sunday arvo, making it difficult to travel for a weekend.

I know we need a Sky game on Friday night, but why do 3-4 other games have to be on the same night? Having Saturday night games in SL would be fantastic for travelling fans.

That was just an honest assessment of this particular situation. If you were a Catalans fan living in Perpignan would you be inclined to spend thousands of pounds travelling to Castelford, Wakefield, Wigan, Widnes, Warrington etc?

Whilst I agree with this point your original statement is way over the top.

Do you think they would follow more if they were playing in nice places ie towns further south

Whilst I agree with this point your original statement is way over the top.

Do you think they would follow more if they were playing in nice places ie towns further south

There are plenty of 'nice' places in the north and a good few depressed areas further south - it's not all Welwyn Garden City below the midlands. Thing is, in the great scheme of things, it's totally irrelevant to how may towns are 'nice' or otherwise. We go over there to Perpignan[ which I consider very nice] one weekend per season if they were come to England for each away game it would be 13 times, common sense and very basic economics tells us that very few will come more than once - even if the all the games were played in the most picturesque and touristy area of the country.

There are plenty of 'nice' places in the north and a good few depressed areas further south - it's not all Welwyn Garden City below the midlands. Thing is, in the great scheme of things, it's totally irrelevant to how may towns are 'nice' or otherwise. We go over there to Perpignan[ which I consider very nice] one weekend per season if they were come to England for each away game it would be 13 times, common sense and very basic economics tells us that very few will come more than once - even if the all the games were played in the most picturesque and touristy area of the country.

Yeah, that was the more important part of my point I guess. I was being a bit mean about the heartland towns really, although coming from Bolton I do feel qualified to give that opinion!

Yeah, that was the more important part of my point I guess. I was being a bit mean about the heartland towns really, although coming from Bolton I do feel qualified to give that opinion!

I was ready to lace into you after your derogatory comments regarding northern towns and cities but since you come from Bolton I totally understand where you're coming from (in the critical sense).