Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackknife

wakey/widnes crowd trouble video

79 posts in this topic

Agreed

Absolute morons, ban the lot of them.  Maybe go as far as a public flogging before the next home game.

Is it just me or does anyone think the stewarding could have been a bit better there.

Donuts the lot of them (fighting fans)

I assume this footage has been sent to the relevant authorities?

Is it just me or does anyone think the stewarding could have been a bit better there.

Yes I agree. The stewards just seemed to saunter around rather than quick decisive action.

Doesn't bode well for the Wakefield club when they can't sort a few scrotes out.

Must admit the video did make me laugh after about 1m40 when the two scrawny lads pretty much had a dance with each other and threw no punches.

I assume this footage has been sent to the relevant authorities?

I assume it is now available to everyone. Sad times.

I would imagine the stewards are on minimum wage,would you want to get involved?

I would imagine the stewards are on minimum wage,would you want to get involved?

Its their job though is it not? Minimum wage or not their payed to do a job.

Then the club needs to hire security.

Ultimately that is the job they are doing, if they don't want to have to deal with crowd disorder they shouldn;t be in that job.

Then the club needs to hire security.

Ultimately that is the job they are doing, if they don't want to have to deal with crowd disorder they shouldn;t be in that job.

A very draconian view.

Indeed the club should hire professional security,it's not the first time it's happened.

Its their job though is it not? Minimum wage or not their payed to do a job.

Would you risk getting punched for minimum wage?

It's probably just you.

Would you risk getting punched for minimum wage?

If it was my job yes. Surely if your a steward its part and parcel of the job. You know one day this could occur.

dont think its in the remit of a steward to get involved with brawling

What about a Stewart, would it be his remit?

A very draconian view.

Indeed the club should hire professional security,it's not the first time it's happened.

Not really - if their job involves crowd control (I genuinely don't know whether it does) the yes, they need to do whatever they have been trained to do. Of course their training may be to saunter round in a seemingly random way, but I doubt it.

There are loads of jobs I wouldn't do, especially not for minimum wage, but if people are doing it, they should do it properly.

"Nothing like a good rugby match without a fight is there?" Uhm, yes. How about one without a fight? Take your moobs back to Widnes kthx.

It's probably just you.

Head back up to post number 7 and you'll find that no, it isn't just me.

Looks like the stewards did what they could. Why should they take any blame?  Punish the guilty and then fine both clubs and get them to put their houses in order. 

( maybe arm the stewards with tazers and pepper spray)

Looks like the stewards did what they could. Why should they take any blame?  Punish the guilty and then fine both clubs and get them to put their houses in order. 

( maybe arm the stewards with tazers and pepper spray)

As part of any investigation, they will no doubt look at whether the stewards followed the correct procedures for this kind of incident - if they didn't then they should take some of the blame.

The club has a responsibility for the safety of other fans, and tbh this could have turned really quite nasty if a few more of the scrotes had been more prepared to get involved.

Whether this is stewards or dedicated security is one for them to make the call, but trouble like this inside a stadium is not great.

I think all that video highlights is how poor these lot are at fighting. I hope they watch it, realise how bad they are at it, and give it up!

Embarrassing. All their 'mate' would be ashamed.

It was quite embarrasing really. Especially when they started chanting the name of their respective towns at each other in the same way. Very childish.

I blame Wakefield for employing such poor stewards. Next time, Robocops...!!

Poor scenes, stewards did well considering they were out-numbered by both troublesome factions. They provide safety for everyone in the ground, but they must protect themselves first. Stewards do a thankless task so should be supported and assisted in doing their jobs.