Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackknife

wakey/widnes crowd trouble video

79 posts in this topic

It's not the stewards job to break up a fight

But it is their job to stop it happening. A quiet word before it got ugly or simply walking over to stand in the middle would have shut it down, and if not, call the plod whose job it is

Still it's poor stewarding IMO - probably watching the game not the crowd

If people are going to fight they're going to fight. Stewards are not 'all-seeing'. Some things are completely out of their control.

It's not the stewards job to break up a fight

But it is their job to stop it happening. A quiet word before it got ugly or simply walking over to stand in the middle would have shut it down, and if not, call the plod whose job it is

Still it's poor stewarding IMO - probably watching the game not the crowd

I cannot see why anybody is blaming the stewards. A few p+ssed up idiots having one too many. They stepped in when they needed to and sorted out the worst culprits. It wasn`t exactly life threatening , there was a  young lady in white standing virtually in the middle of it who never appeared bothered. Not exactly a re-occurance of the football riots of the 70s/80s.!, just a few drunken dicks who wouldn`t remember anything the next day. Fine/ban the worst offenders but don`t blow it out of proportion!

If people are going to fight they're going to fight. Stewards are not 'all-seeing'. Some things are completely out of their control.

Come on then...I'll 'ave yer...

Did you spill my pint?

Trinity have contributed to this by consistently employing stewards/security who stand next to foul mouthed fans and say nothing. Added to this they have created a frontier/boundary between sets of idiots by having a half baked attempt at segregation (which in my view is not needed as mixing fans self police very well, especially when there are stewards worthy of the name).

However the real fuel for any skirmishes has been the Glover policy of putting as many bars as possible into every nook and cranny staffed by inexperienced staff flogging bottles of lager to as many people as possible whatever state they are already in.

Found the blond girl very amusing though, making sure she stayed in camera shot, as if she was the star of some kind of reality tv show!

Bet there will be a few embarrassed chavs about now after regaling their mates with tales of how they took on 5 of them and chinned the lot.

Trinity have contributed to this by consistently employing stewards/security who stand next to foul mouthed fans and say nothing. Added to this they have created a frontier/boundary between sets of idiots by having a half baked attempt at segregation (which in my view is not needed as mixing fans self police very well, especially when there are stewards worthy of the name).

However the real fuel for any skirmishes has been the Glover policy of putting as many bars as possible into every nook and cranny staffed by inexperienced staff flogging bottles of lager to as many people as possible whatever state they are already in.

Semi feral louts Larry. The cheque's in the post btw, damned Eagles!

Semi feral louts Larry. The cheque's in the post btw, damned Eagles!

Cheque - Should I send you a fax to confirm receipt?

This is exactly why the smart bit at Post Office Road is the 1921 suite, after the current year there.

The stewards  should have called the police, not let anyone into the ground and then pointed out the ringleaders when the police arrived.

The stewards should have called the police, not let anyone into the ground and then pointed out the ringleaders when the police arrived.

Do they have the power to detain? I ask because I don't know.

Cheque - Should I send you a fax to confirm receipt?

This is exactly why the smart bit at Post Office Road is the 1921 suite, after the current year there.

Aye, as everyone knows, we're a backward lot at Fev.

The stewards that Wakefield use are called Key Security, the same at Featherstone and quite possible Castleford.

They will be fully trained to deal with situations like that.

As Gav quite rightly says, has this been handed into the right authorities? All clubs have issues, lets stamp it out and not ruin it for the genuine people of the game.

Can't see how you can blame the stewards, if they'd have gone steaming in they'd be accused of being heavy handed and escalating the incident.

Two sets of brain dead idiots who can't hold their beer and got delusional about their ability to fight, embarrassing!

Route them out, name, shame and ban them!

I also agree with Larry that the half assed segregation and the lackadaisical control of beer outlets needs sorting out.

Looks like aload of middle aged men from wakefield trying to pick on kids. They should get banned for that and nothing shud happen to any widnes fan as from watching tht video they had to defend them selfs from several unprovoked attacks. And before anyone says shouting and banter doesn't condone violence.

Let's guess who you support.

Found the blond girl very amusing though, making sure she stayed in camera shot, as if she was the star of some kind of reality tv show!

I thought she did quite well actually. Clearly spoke to a few 'men' and told them to keep out of it.

Let's guess who you support.

If ur on about me i dont support either team. Just saying what i saw on tht video footage.

Come on then...I'll 'ave yer...

Did you spill my pint?

Don't you dare spill my pint :)

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:)  On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

The game has a massive image problem and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

CM

Really,because RL is well known for it's crowd problems isn't it.The only image problem it has is being seen as a parochial Northern sport and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:)  On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

The game has a massive image problem and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

CM

Because nothing ever happens at football matches does it? Or boxing bouts?

Yes posture its silliest,although she had nothing to be scared of,But now Wakey are starting to attract a few more localsI hope it doesn't deter families from attending games

If ur on about me i dont support either team. Just saying what i saw on tht video footage.

Do you think the video told the whole story?