Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackknife

wakey/widnes crowd trouble video

79 posts in this topic

Do you think the video told the whole story?

It obviously doesn't as the videoing started for a reason. but as i said from watching tht video as i havent seen anything else, i think wakefields fans behaviour was disgusting.

It obviously doesn't as the videoing started for a reason. but as i said from watching tht video as i havent seen anything else, i think wakefields fans behaviour was disgusting.

Your not even looking through one eye.

Looks like aload of middle aged men from wakefield trying to pick on kids. They should get banned for that and nothing shud happen to any widnes fan as from watching tht video they had to defend them selfs from several unprovoked attacks. And before anyone says shouting and banter doesn't condone violence.

I support Barrow & fully agree this this ^^^ Widnes fans only hit back in defense after 3 or 4 times some Wakey oiks waded in.

How is it possible to say that  when the video may well tell only part of the story?   What happened before the video recoding started? What happened off camera? Was the video done by a Widnes fan or a Wakie fan. Unless we can be sure that the video told the whole story, I say we can't yet say who was to  blame. 

Knuckle draggers.

Combined IQ of 9. Their parents have done a fantastic job.....

Jeremy Kyle's waiting room...

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:) On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

The game has a massive image problem and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

CM

This, could be the biggest pile of garbage you have written on here - and that is saying something. Think Abramovitch must have given you a particularly strong brand of vodka today.

How is it possible to say that  when the video may well tell only part of the story?   What happened before the video recoding started? What happened off camera? Was the video done by a Widnes fan or a Wakie fan. Unless we can be sure that the video told the whole story, I say we can't yet say who was to  blame. 

But we are taking about what we saw on the video, nothing more & by that footage its clear who are the aggressors in that footage only.

Combined IQ of 9. Their parents have done a fantastic job.....

Jeremy Kyle's waiting room...

Thought that was primrose valley caravan park!

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:) On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

The game has a massive image problem and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

CM

What an awful post, sexism, sensationalism and a disregard for fact and logic.

I'm surprised any of those oligarchs give you so much as the time of the day tbh.

What an awful post, sexism, sensationalism and a disregard for fact and logic.

I'm surprised any of those oligarchs give you so much as the time of the day tbh.

Reads like the perfect CV for dealing with oligarchs.

If ur on about me i dont support either team. Just saying what i saw on tht video footage.

No you're not, you didn't see that!

There are three levels of stewarding/supervising sports events, level 2 stewards (strangely the first qualified level) should be trained to deal with crowd problems to an NVQ standard.

Spectator Safety Qualification Framework

Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety

Candidates Must Achieve All of the Following 6 Units:

• Y/502/9345 Prepare for spectator events
  • M/502/9352 Control the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events
  • A/502/9354 Monitor spectators and deal with crowd problems
  • J/501/5134 Help to manage conflict
  • Y/601/4483 Support the work of the team and organisation
  • D/501/5138 Deal with accidents and emergencies

- See more at: http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/education/qualifications#sthash.HrxlnJxa.dpuf

But we are taking about what we saw on the video, nothing more & by that footage its clear who are the aggressors in that footage only.

Yes, I understand that. It seems though that you are making judgements and forming opinion based on incomplete information, something that does not happen on here all that often.  :dry:

No you're not, you didn't see that!

Now ur telling me what i saw? Tht is what i saw on that video with my own eyes, and by the sounds of things a few other people saw it tht way aswel.

Now ur telling me what i saw? Tht is what i saw on that video with my own eyes, and by the sounds of things a few other people saw it tht way aswel.

Again, you don't know what you didn't see. To decide on whose fault it was based on the video alone is not enough, in my view.

From what I saw on the video, the Widnes fan in the away shirt walks over to the Wakey fans acting all big and tough then gets planted. That's when it all kicked off.

I'd make him the aggressor.

Let's hope the ban is enforced.

Shame to see a club introduce formal segregation though.

Let's hope the ban is enforced.

Shame to see a club introduce formal segregation though.

The ban is completely unenforceable. The only "bans" that actually work are the ones issued by the police which require those involved to report to the police station at kick off time.

The club have been looking to introduce segregation for a while now, as it means they can concentrate on what they want to so; namely to sell as much lager as possible at good margins and not have to deal with giddy fans interacting. Again, segregation is impossible to enforce and it hands the best viewing area to the away fans. Crackers all round.

I take great pleasure in seeing those 5 get banned, more to follow hopefully

Not just banned from Wakefield but, with the cooperation of the RFL, banned from all Rugby League grounds.

Wakefield have also installed CCTV cameras that cover every area of the ground and will be monitored in a security control room.

I don't think anyone can criticise the response from Wakefield Trinity to this match day disturbance.

Over to you Widnes, what action will you take against those involved purporting to be Widnes fans?

I don't think anyone can criticise the response from Wakefield Trinity to this match day disturbance.

It's quite possible to criticise them for selling beer to people under the influence, or for not putting CCTV at an earlier stage. Perhaps the stage when they started the policy of segregation citing crowd disturbances and their desire to avoid RFL sanctions as justification for it.

It's quite possible to criticise them for selling beer to people under the influence, or for not putting CCTV at an earlier stage. Perhaps the stage when they started the policy of segregation citing crowd disturbances and their desire to avoid RFL sanctions as justification for it.

I did say "RESPONSE"

Perhaps they could have airport style scanners at every Turnstyle, they could conduct full body searches and breathalyse everyone as they come in as well!

They need to tighten up on beer sales and learn to refuse sales to those who've already had enough but I'm pleased they've been tough and invested in CCTV