Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredm

Signing?

40 posts in this topic

On the Keighley forum they are saying that Nosey Parker has said we have signed Leatherbarrow for next season. Opinions?

Am I right in saying that's the young half back at Wigan? If so a massive coup for you guys.

Certainly seem to be splashing the cash.

After many years of fallow comes the feast?

I doubt it :lol:

Also read it in LW. Kear has stated that he has our starting line up is all signed up for next season. Wants to use DR more. Sounds a bit Swintonish!

We should probably using DR more THIS season never mind next season!!

Keighley fan at work doesnt rate him.

Cant be any worse than we have now though.

When I read you'd signed Leatherbarrow I thought you'd signed a ref !!!! Handy that !

When I read you'd signed Leatherbarrow I thought you'd signed a ref !!!! Handy that !

We would all be signing one up if that was the case david. I don't want hewer though he would forget he was on our payroll lol

Yes he's not mr popular here either ... We've had the misfortune of having young Cobb to . Wow , least said ...

Leatherbarrow is a Brilliant player with a huge future

when he gets the silly errors out of his system.

Have looked on Keighley site and can't see any mention on there!. Seeing as nearly every other club has revealed their hands for next year, isn't it time that we spilled the beans? Spirit amongst the fans at least is very low, they sense unrest,and some uplifting news might pull the whole thing back together. Don't mind if they're stars or up and coming amateurs or lower league players, John Kear has a remarkable way of getting the best out of them, Alex Walmsley has gone on to great things, Miles Greenwood has been a revelation as has Greg Johnson. Hope young Whitmore has been retained, he's another with a future. maybe a couple of old, proven heads around the place would see us retain our standing and have the nous to put some of the harder games to bed.

Leatherbarrow would be a good signing, I've only seen him 4 or 5 times this season but he's played well everytime I've seen him. I've also rumours that we've signed Simon Brown from York, again if true he's another decent signing.

Leatherbarrow would be a good signing, I've only seen him 4 or 5 times this season but he's played well everytime I've seen him. I've also rumours that we've signed Simon Brown from York, again if true he's another decent signing.

If true both Leatherbarrow and Brown are better halfbacks than the rumoured to be leaving Hemmingway and Moore. 

Have looked on Keighley site and can't see any mention on there!. Seeing as nearly every other club has revealed their hands for next year, isn't it time that we spilled the beans? Spirit amongst the fans at least is very low, they sense unrest,and some uplifting news might pull the whole thing back together. Don't mind if they're stars or up and coming amateurs or lower league players, John Kear has a remarkable way of getting the best out of them, Alex Walmsley has gone on to great things, Miles Greenwood has been a revelation as has Greg Johnson. Hope young Whitmore has been retained, he's another with a future. maybe a couple of old, proven heads around the place would see us retain our standing and have the nous to put some of the harder games to bed.

Not sure JK can claim anything to do with Greg Johnson- he was already playing Super league before his conviction. He just gave him the chance to get back into the game when he came out of prison. Batley has just been a stepping stone back to Super league for him

Not sure JK can claim anything to do with Greg Johnson- he was already playing Super league before his conviction. He just gave him the chance to get back into the game when he came out of prison. Batley has just been a stepping stone back to Super league for him

Read the previous post again, no-one is saying that John Kear can 'claim any credit' for Johnson. The post simply commends Kear for being able to get the best out of players - either experienced or from the amateur ranks.

Don't forget that Greg Johnson had been out of the game a while, and yes,Batley was a way back for him, but he still had to be trained back to match fitness and he owes John Kear for taking a chance on him, which, if there's no firm offer for him, should run to another year's loyalty for that chance. We all have our opinions on each and every player, some we'd keep and some we wouldn't pay with buttons, so having seen the supposed list of those wanting away,there are thoase who I don't think have fulfilled their potential and I'm left wondering what another team think they can get out of them when John Kear hasn't managed it. We had 2 of the biggest men in Rugby League, Walmsley and Hirst.One couldn't wait to get onto the ball and break with it, the other never bursts onto a ball and makes heavy progress. Somebody thinks they can get him to! OH OH!

Don't forget that Greg Johnson had been out of the game a while, and yes,Batley was a way back for him, but he still had to be trained back to match fitness and he owes John Kear for taking a chance on him, which, if there's no firm offer for him, should run to another year's loyalty for that chance. We all have our opinions on each and every player, some we'd keep and some we wouldn't pay with buttons, so having seen the supposed list of those wanting away,there are thoase who I don't think have fulfilled their potential and I'm left wondering what another team think they can get out of them when John Kear hasn't managed it. We had 2 of the biggest men in Rugby League, Walmsley and Hirst.One couldn't wait to get onto the ball and break with it, the other never bursts onto a ball and makes heavy progress. Somebody thinks they can get him to! OH OH!

....and yet last season many on here were predicting Hirst to be a future star, thanks to JK's coaching prowess. Has he really gone back that much, is JK not as good as you said or are you lot just fickle?

....and yet last season many on here were predicting Hirst to be a future star, thanks to JK's coaching prowess. Has he really gone back that much, is JK not as good as you said or are you lot just fickle?

Hirst was excellent for us last season after joining us as pretty much a long-standing laughing stock. 2012 was the best season of his career by some way. What do you think sparked that dramatic turnaround? This season, and especially over the last two months, he's all on to just keep hold of possession. I fail to see how that's Kear's fault.

Hirst was excellent for us last season after joining us as pretty much a long-standing laughing stock. 2012 was the best season of his career by some way. What do you think sparked that dramatic turnaround? This season, and especially over the last two months, he's all on to just keep hold of possession. I fail to see how that's Kear's fault.

Understood. But the old saw states that class is permanent and form is temporary - I've never known a coach claim credit for class, though.

Not impressed with Brown at york on tonights performance. Was he being linked with us for next season?

Not impressed with Brown at york on tonights performance. Was he being linked with us for next season?

He's being linked with everyone, it seems. Likely to end up at one of the top 3. They're the only clubs who could come close to equalling either his current rate of pay or what are likely to be his demands.