Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

28/07/13 - CCSF - Hull FC v Warrington Wolves - KO 6pm (BBC2)

Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley?   24 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley?

• Hull FC by 13 points or more.
    • Hull FC by 7-12 points.
    • Hull FC by 1-6 points.
    • Warrington Wolves by 1-6 points.
    • Warrington Wolves by 7-12 points.
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

269 posts in this topic

The Bridge to Lineham kick was where it all turned.

Turned the game on its head and visibly lifted the Hull players. I think nearly every Hull fan in the stadium would have known how that was going to end as soon as the ball had left Bridge's boot.

What a fantastic game and a superb atmosphere! Credit due to both the Wire and Hull fans.

Wish I'd watched this game in the pub instead.....

For me if those two teams played each other 10 times i would bet on Wire winning 7 of them, they are a better all round side, That said Hull did it on the day and that's what counts in the Cup. You can be certain though that wire are going to be putting in some cracking performances  in the Super league, I am not looking forward to playing them at any stage.

Aye, as gutted as I am, I'm fully bought into the cup and the shocks that it provides, so I can't be too gutted when I look at the bigger picture.

Hull are very deserving of their place, having beaten Wakefield, Catalan away and Wire in the semi - not an easy run at all.

Aye, as gutted as I am, I'm fully bought into the cup and the shocks that it provides

Wasn't a shock for me Dave, I fully expected to see Hull FC reach the Challenge Cup Final this year.

Which is why today, despite being a Hull FC fan living in Hull, I had to buy a stupid day return train ticket from stupid Weston Super Mare to London stupid Paddington for Sat 24th August because that particular morning I'll be in stupid Somerset supposedly enjoying the first day of my stupid summer holiday. 

Ask any wire fan which trophy they would like to win next and I suspect most would say the grand final. As already said we've nothing to prove in the challenge cup? Wasn't being arrogant, 3 wins from last 4 finals at Wembley is good enough for me. We want the other one now!

You wanted the other one last year too,without sounding arrogant mind you

OF if you had only said...3 hkr exiles in South Wales,Weston and Gloucester will be travelling by car on that day to watch a game at Wembley with mixed feelings. We would have loved to take you there...possibly tense on the journey back mind!

Have chosen tickets at the Wigan end to avoid being carried away with schizophrenia. Remember the Widnes v Hull final where I was glad to see the final result at Wembley as a draw and was free to give my full support to Hull in a magnificent win at Elland Road.

Your disrupted holiday plans remind me..ha ha... of 1980. Had to cancel a fortnight in Tunisia to see the game..but think it was worth it?

Hope you enjoy your holiday anyway!

OF if you had only said...3 hkr exiles in South Wales,Weston and Gloucester will be travelling by car on that day to watch a game at Wembley with mixed feelings. We would have loved to take you there...possibly tense on the journey back mind!

Have chosen tickets at the Wigan end to avoid being carried away with schizophrenia. Remember the Widnes v Hull final where I was glad to see the final result at Wembley as a draw and was free to give my full support to Hull in a magnificent win at Elland Road.

Your disrupted holiday plans remind me..ha ha... of 1980. Had to cancel a fortnight in Tunisia to see the game..but think it was worth it?

Hope you enjoy your holiday anyway!

I don't bloody believe it!   :(   Just my sodding luck.   :rolleyes:

That would have been perfect. Oh well, never mind.

Just think, if the "yet another unthinkable" happens, I would have been insufferable on the return journey so you'd have probably kicked me out before we reached the M25 anyway.  :biggrin:

Wasn't a shock for me Dave, I fully expected to see Hull FC reach the Challenge Cup Final this year.

Which is why today, despite being a Hull FC fan living in Hull, I had to buy a stupid day return train ticket from stupid Weston Super Mare to London stupid Paddington for Sat 24th August because that particular morning I'll be in stupid Somerset supposedly enjoying the first day of my stupid summer holiday.

funnily enough mate you're not getting any sympathy from me! :biggrin:

But...but....but....why a seaside holiday when you live at the seaside already?    :)

That explains one thing at least. I now know why you were chuntering so much about the club's focus on the Challenge Cup this season.

Just got our tickets. First final for the mini exiles. They're familiar with Sam will Tear you Apart Again and He's a Baby! He's a Baby! They also wouldn't know a forward pass if one gave them a Lego set.

Really looking forward to playing FC. They have talent everywhere you look, and an indomitible spirit.

I must say that Whiting is a wonderful player - such a great rugby brain. Surely he's worth a starting spot?

Just got our tickets. First final for the mini exiles. They're familiar with Sam will Tear you Apart Again and He's a Baby! He's a Baby! They also wouldn't know a forward pass if one gave them a Lego set.

Really looking forward to playing FC. They have talent everywhere you look, and an indomitible spirit.

I must say that Whiting is a wonderful player - such a great rugby brain. Surely he's worth a starting spot?

Thanks for the kind words EW, are your mini exiles training to officiate Wigan?

You're perfectly correct about Whiting, what a player, never seems to make a mistake or miss a tackle and has an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time when scoring important tries. Marcus Bai will back that up. Not sure why Gentle has him as a bench player but then, he's got Hull to Wembley, I haven't.

Glad to see Whiting getting the credit he deserves. Always performs well when I have seen him, a real handful with power and pace, and multi positional.

Glad to see Whiting getting the credit he deserves. Always performs well when I have seen him, a real handful with power and pace, and multi positional.

Good God Steve, even Richard himself might suggest you're a bit wide of the mark there.

Speed of thought perhaps, that's as far as it goes I reckon.

They said he lacked pace on the tv on Sunday which surprised me as he seems to be pacey against us each Derby match. Sure you know better but glad to big him up.

Read into that what you will. Another innuendo perhaps.

Whatever happens, as you are playing Wigan, I presume you will get into the ground about 15 minutes after kick-off?

It depends if he asks me what time do you set off from here for the game, or asks me how long does it take to get to the game from here.

Whatever happens, as you are playing Wigan, I presume you will get into the ground about 15 minutes after kick-off?

Possibly, depending on how reliable the locals' advice is, even if they twist my words around...

It depends if he asks me what time do you set off from here for the game, or asks me how long does it take to get to the game from here.

You can just bog off.

I see that getting to the final didn't particularly put you in a better mood then?

Getting to the final did, sorting my stupid holiday logistics didn't.

Just back from my holiday, so I was glad to see the video recorder had done its job and I could watch this match in full last night. Excellent stuff! Here's hoping for a classic final. :)