Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scrumhalf

dual reg

28 posts in this topic

last chance saloon for Hunslet...im not surprised at all to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me if Swinton do the same to be honest....if you were in their position you would probably do the same?

paul mcshane playing for hunslet this week  :rtfm:

shame he wasn't available last week :)

last chance saloon for Hunslet...im not surprised at all to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me if Swinton do the same to be honest....if you were in their position you would probably do the same?

To be honest IMO if their ever is a season to be relegated its this one. It will be alot easier to be in the 2 coming up than getting out of the 7 going down next season.

To be honest IMO if their ever is a season to be relegated its this one. It will be alot easier to be in the 2 coming up than getting out of the 7 going down next season.

You may have a valid point there Gaz

I still dont understand the new format, will there still be promotion and relegation between champ and champ 1?

I still dont understand the new format, will there still be promotion and relegation between champ and champ 1?

I'm not sure about that as champ 1 will be split into a north and south league. Maybe criteria will play a part in promotion and relegation from SL2 and the 2 champ 1 leagues.Like it does now with super league.

They should just have 1 team from north and one team from south go up, or even have a playoff between the top teams of each division.

They should just have 1 team from north and one team from south go up, or even have a playoff between the top teams of each division.

Thats exactly what is planned ie one up from each conference.

Gaz, you are always getting it wrong!!!! Where do you get 7 teams being relegated from?

At the end of 2014 two SL teams have to be relegated to SL2. If Toulouse are accepted in to SL then a third SL team will be relegated to SL 2.

SL2 will consist of 12 teams where at present we have 14 teams, so that means two Championship teams go down plus either 2 or 3 to make way for the SL clubs being relegated. That makes a total of either 4 or 5 teams to be relegated to Championship 1.

Gaz, you are always getting it wrong!!!! Where do you get 7 teams being relegated from?

At the end of 2014 two SL teams have to be relegated to SL2. If Toulouse are accepted in to SL then a third SL team will be relegated to SL 2.

SL2 will consist of 12 teams where at present we have 14 teams, so that means two Championship teams go down plus either 2 or 3 to make way for the SL clubs being relegated. That makes a total of either 4 or 5 teams to be relegated to Championship 1.

Plus any promoted from championship 1

Plus any promoted from championship 1

I don't think there will be promotion from Championship 1 next year.

Good point. It really is the league of death isn't it!!!

Keith 7 are going down next season by the looks of it.Top 7 in SL 2 then 2 come down from SL which gives you 9 then Toulouse or another SL club which gives you 10 then 2 are being promoted from the current champ 1 their you go Keith theirs your 12.They are bringing in P&R can you honestly see them not promoting 2 champ 1 clubs after all this debacle about P&R (I can't).The only way I can't see 7 going down is if the RFL make SL2 a criteria league. That's just my opinion of course but I'm sure the details will be released before next season so clubs know where they stand.

the whole thing is a fiasco which ever way you look at it....just not good enough for a supposedly (semi) professional sport...pathetic

At the moment - and - hey - things can change - the proposal is ....

Two to reduce Div 2 to 12

Two for the knock-on effect of reducing Div 1 to 12

One to accommodate Toulouse

Two to be replaced by the two coming up from Div 3.

Seven in all.

What a bizarre idea !! To reintroduce promotion and relegation by denying promotion and relegation.

It might just happen ......

Keith 7 are going down next season by the looks of it.Top 7 in SL 2 then 2 come down from SL which gives you 9 then Toulouse or another SL club which gives you 10 then 2 are being promoted from the current champ 1 their you go Keith theirs your 12.They are bringing in P&R can you honestly see them not promoting 2 champ 1 clubs after all this debacle about P&R (I can't).The only way I can't see 7 going down is if the RFL make SL2 a criteria league. That's just my opinion of course but I'm sure the details will be released before next season so clubs know where they stand.

Gaz, as Gav has said previously, I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between the Championship and Championship 1 at the end of 2014 because up to 5 clubs will automatically be relegated. Promotion and relegation starts again for the 2015 season.

What a bizarre idea !! To reintroduce promotion and relegation by denying promotion and relegation.

It might just happen ......

The have to relegate teams before promotion can come back. Promotion & Relegation will be back in 2015.

Good point. It really is the league of death isn't it!!!

Why, which club has died in that league this season?

Gaz, as Gav has said previously, I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between the Championship and Championship 1 at the end of 2014 because up to 5 clubs will automatically be relegated. Promotion and relegation starts again for the 2015 season.

Keith when you say "I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between championship and championship 1 at the end of 2014," do you mean you don't know, you're  not sure, or you think the rugby posts might move?.

The have to relegate teams before promotion can come back. Promotion & Relegation will be back in 2015.

So Gav if I understand you, there will not be promotion to super league, but there might be 15 teams, there will be either 2, or 3 teams relegated from super league, even though there won't be any promoted to it. There will be either 4 or 5 teams relegated from the championship to championship1, depending what happens in super league.  There will not be any promotion from chmpionship1 to championship,, because no team has been relegated yet. I wish I had your clarity, and understanding.

Keith when you say "I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between championship and championship 1 at the end of 2014," do you mean you don't know, you're  not sure, or you think the rugby posts might move?.

Not 100% sure but I have read something somewhere in all the pieces about re-structuring that this is the case. Any club going down this year will be 2 seasons before they could get back up.

Not 100% sure but I have read something somewhere in all the pieces about re-structuring that this is the case. Any club going down this year will be 2 seasons before they could get back up.

I've read that as well, if true it means that champiomship1 is being used as a type of recycling Bin,

Obviously something is wrong somewhwere or the powers that be wouldn't be looking at changing the system. I'm all for p&r but what will the criteria be and there will be some. Us little clubs should get a chance to play in the big leagues.

And I'm all for expanding the game but if what some of you are saying that Tolouse might be making a come back, why is that right.

After visiting there 3 years ago there ground is no better than most.