Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Maxster

Tommy Haughey

The Maxster    0

Any truth in the rumours of Tommy returning to the club?

On his day he was definitely a gamebreaker, it's just that towards the end of his time at the club these days weren't that often.

Would be a step backwards IMO, but in Bastian we trust!

Robin Evans    982

I can't imagine any role for tommy H back at fev...

Doesn't mean anyone else can't, but I'm bug gered if I can see a place for him on planet fev!

oldrover    370

his job is to walk round wi Barlow to make him look slim

dydo    153

if he could be bothered to actually walk

thundergaz    165

I'll show mw botty at t'back o' t'new stand if he signs wi fev!

Just sayin like! :lol:

You better make sure you've got clean kegs on for the next home game then robin lol. Can't believe we have signed him if its true though. Massive step backwards IMO.

You better make sure you've got clean kegs on for the next home game then robin lol. Can't believe we have signed him if its true though. Massive step backwards IMO.

Cannot be correct, surely.

thundergaz    165

Cannot be correct, surely.

I havnt a clue bob just going off maxters post. The only way I can see us signing him is if we're going to have a massive squad for next season and he's come on a low salary.

Bazzer    17

Not only is Tommy a backward step but so are the Batley Players we are supposed to have signed. Is Moore a better half back than Finn or Kain, Hirst a better prop than Crossley, James, Bostock or Bryan. Flanagan better number 9 than Kaye and Ellis or Walmsley better than our second rowers. I don,t think so but I've only watched for 65 years, never played or coached so maybe my knowledge is limited

lingard    112

Cool your boots things will be fine. By buying all the other players in the league there really will be no one to best!

Before we get carried away, it might be worth waiting to see which - if any - of these signings are confirmed by the club. The rumours about the Batley players were accompanied by rumours of Andy Kain going to Batley, which our CEO laughed at heartily on Twitter.

bigjohn    2

I seem to remember us going down this road before to get into SL and we all know how that ended up.