Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

welshmagpie

Canada vs USA - Premier Sports

23 posts in this topic

Quite a decent build up and a bit of dressing room talk. Quite a professional set up.

Does anyone know if this will be replayed? I'm at work so can't check. Thank you.

Not in the next 24 hours anyway

Quite a decent build up and a bit of dressing room talk. Quite a professional set up.

Indeed, the commentator is very keen as well haha.

This is not bad at all. Crowd very enthusiastic, enjoying it.

Does anyone know if this will be replayed? I'm at work so can't check. Thank you.

Just to be clear, Saturday at 2pm.

The Sky EPG has not been updated as the NRL replay afterwards has been replaced with live coverage of London v Cavan in round 4 of the the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship. Thankfully the Canada game is still scheduled though as my recording for this afternoon failed.

What was the quality of the game like?

Both teams had decent structure in attack and defence and fitness levels were pretty good. You could tell there was a lack of know how and quality in certain plays however, dummy runners were a bit off the pace and some things were more than predictable... But still it was impressive.

One or two guys under the right coaching could go to a decent level.

What was the quality of the game like?

What it lacked in finesse or technical know how, it made up for in enthusiasm. The thing that regular RL fans forget is that to outsiders watching for the first time, most things are pretty spectacular.

The fact that Canada got 7,000 and 5,000 to their two recent internationals is impressive. Wales would be more than happy with that and it is not too far behind the England v Exiles game attendance.

The Jamaicans are also making good progress but teams cannot afford to travel there and they do not have home internationals. If the World Cup makes any profits, the RLIF could do worse than to make funds available to chnage that situation.

The fact that Canada got 7,000 and 5,000 to their two recent internationals is impressive. Wales would be more than happy with that and it is not too far behind the England v Exiles game attendance.

The Jamaicans are also making good progress but teams cannot afford to travel there and they do not have home internationals. If the World Cup makes any profits, the RLIF could do worse than to make funds available to chnage that situation.

If more clubs here even knew that Jamaica was an option for an RL tour surely they'd give it a go even as a one-off?  Plenty of cricket clubs seem to manage the occasional Caribbean jaunt.

If more clubs here even knew that Jamaica was an option for an RL tour surely they'd give it a go even as a one-off?  Plenty of cricket clubs seem to manage the occasional Caribbean jaunt.

Good point. It's warm year round in Jamaica.

I hope we can now capitalise on the crowds. Anyone know the reasons why there has been a sudden increase? I remember the 15000+??? In Russia now lost in the wilderness. Me hopes that the RL hierachy see these attendances and pounce.