Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoff

Veganism

15 posts in this topic

Now I'm no hippie and I consider myself a pretty mainstream person but following a forced lifestyle change due to a gallbladder problem I'm considering becoming a vegan. So I was wondering if any fellow TotalRL'ers had ever dabbled and/or could offer a bit of insight or experience.

Well first you will have to cope with the lack of emotion and only have purely logical thoughts, that and have your earlobes streached at bit.

Now I'm no hippie and I consider myself a pretty mainstream person but following a forced lifestyle change due to a gallbladder problem I'm considering becoming a vegan. So I was wondering if any fellow TotalRL'ers had ever dabbled and/or could offer a bit of insight or experience.

It leaves you with a samey sort of diet day after day. You can easily get bored with what you eat.

And that soya milk is absolutely vile.

I tried it for a month a few years ago.

It was a bit rubbish. I even bought some recommended pills for some vitiman or mineral I'd lack, forgot what it was though.

The number one factor is whether you cook at home or not; if you don't then you're pretty much screwed.

... it was Veg1 multivitamin supplements, turns out I don't think I needed them for a month or at all. But here's a link to make up your own mind.

Link

One good thing about going vegan is you get superpowers.

How do you know if someone is a vegan? Don't worry, they will let you know.

Some good points, cheers for all the responses, I think the cons outweigh the pros especially the leathal air biscuits i've heard one gets after a month on the Vegan wagon. Think i'll just stick to the fish and brown rice until I can get the dicky bladder removed.

How do you know if someone is a vegan? Don't worry, they will let you know.

:biggrin: Summed up very well.

Some good points, cheers for all the responses, I think the cons outweigh the pros especially the leathal air biscuits i've heard one gets after a month on the Vegan wagon. Think i'll just stick to the fish and brown rice until I can get the dicky bladder removed.

Going vegan one or two days a week may help you, if only for the experience, for starters.

Good luck with it (and the removal of the ickle bladder).

Wind light to moderate?  May become strong later.

When visiting a vegetarian or vegan friend's house for a meal ensure they are aware of your dietary needs to make sure they are catered for.

Going vegan one or two days a week may help you, if only for the experience, for starters.

and for mains?

Anyway, being a vegan means you have to sell your leather shoes and belts, quill pens, duvets, pillows. Harris Tweeds etc on e-bay

and for mains?

Anyway, being a vegan means you have to sell your leather shoes and belts, quill pens, duvets, pillows. Harris Tweeds etc

on e-bay

Well theres no way I'm parting with my crocodile skin bum-bag :)