Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry the Leit

Minor celebrities with no discernible talent

216 posts in this topic

Most of the people you have named are competent at what they do.

"Loathsome"? Yorath does her job and rarely fluffs her lines. What more do you want?

Is there anyone you do like?

Yes. Stacey Soloman and Rose West.

Gaby Yorath

What's wrong with Gabby Logan? She's a fine presenter, not particularly special but harmless none the less.

She's always shooting her mouth off about being typecast as a sports presenter when there's so much more that she could do.

She beefed when her husband, who had no talent whatsoever, lasted longer than her on Strictly Come Dancing. It never occurred to her that the viewers liked his personality more than hers.

Anyone from those structured reality tv shows like Made in Chelsea and The Only Way Is Essex.

Actual vermin.

If anyone disses Keeley Donovan, I shall be forced to kill! She is a Godess!

I didn't think Carol Kirkwood even qualified as a minor celebrity, then I found out she was on Saturday Kitchen this weekend and that confirmed to me that she was, minor celeb is all that show can muster these days. Half a dozen appearances as an extra on Casualty and you're in.

What's wrong with Gabby Logan? She's a fine presenter, not particularly special but harmless none the less.

agree. She's competent, knowledgeable, quick thinking etc.

In my previous post on this thread i have been guilty of equating lack of talent with irrational personal dislike....though Chris Hollins is an exeption....i just don't like the talentless guy....and I DO like Carol Kirkwood....ever so much!

Liza Tarbuck. In fact pretty much every that's found fame as a result of having famous parents.

In my previous post on this thread i have been guilty of equating lack of talent with irrational personal dislike.

That's probably true of my assessment of Susanna Reid. To me, she comes across as about as genuine as a Thailand Rolex.

agreed.  She is. Comes over nice but dim. Can't be:  so she is a journo and therefore not nice but studied Politics, Philosophy and Law at Bristol Uni, and has a Postgraduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism so not dim.

No, I don't think so.  I dislike Russell Brand and Chris Evans much more than I do any woman.

Misogynist element on this board perhaps?

OR maybe it is a reflection of the fact that talentless yet seemingly good-looking people make it on the TV and are able to sustain a career despite doing nothing. There are no male equivalents of Katie Price and Kerry Katona and woman are more often picked for their looks when it comes to TV than men are.

It's no coincidence that many of the people mentioned are presenters, hardly a tasking job that is often filled with 'beautiful' people.

OR maybe it is a reflection of the fact that talentless yet seemingly good-looking people make it on the TV and are able to sustain a career despite doing nothing. There are no male equivalents of Katie Price and Kerry Katona and woman are more often picked for their looks when it comes to TV than men are.

It's no coincidence that many of the people mentioned are presenters, hardly a tasking job that is often filled with 'beautiful' people.

Hozzaaattt!!

I guess Rylan got where he is (currently presenting big brother) because he could sing.

...or Dermot O'Leary because he's well he's a bloke isn't he? Someone to have a pint with

Hozzaaattt!!

I guess Rylan got where he is (currently presenting big brother) because he could sing.

Well played sir

Then there's peter Andre

Have we had Helen Flanagan yet?

The talented, cerebral, ms Flanagan is in a new show called 'celebrity spa' in which she and other celebrities work in a spa . If they had to work in a Spar it might be a different story

Flanagan is the ultimate pointless member of the human race

On the original point:

- The Coalition Cabinet

- The Shadow Cabinet

I was trying to think of honourable exceptions from those two catch-all buckets but then decided that I couldn't be bothered.

A category all to herself: Kay Burley

Henson has talent, just not for being on tv or being humble.

Hozzaaattt!!

Is he anything like the level of Price or Katona?

There are a number of men that have tried but none get to the level or stay around as long as these do. They cannot fill the magazines in the same way. As somebody who doesn't watch BB any more I'd forgotten that Rylan existed, however you'd be hard pressed to find somebody that doesn't know these exist.

Have we had Helen Flanagan yet?

The talented, cerebral, ms Flanagan is in a new show called 'celebrity spa' in which she and other celebrities work in a spa . If they had to work in a Spar it might be a different story

Flanagan is the ultimate pointless member of the human race

I know what you mean but don't quite agree. (ref my mother in law, for example)

Flanagan ( if only she'd marry someone called Allan!)  is a victim of a system that demonstrates all that is wrong with celebrity culture, though the egalitarian in me says that if she can make it, so can anyone.  She is undoubtedly not very bright and is very naive and unthinking. However, she has to be where she is today because there is a market and an audience for vapid stupid actresses who are in really just becoming themselves, not playing a part.

After seeing him on telly for some news clip or other, I was going to suggest Justin Beiber but unfortunately realised that he's quite a major celebrity these days.

I know what you mean but don't quite agree. (ref my mother in law, for example)

Flanagan ( if only she'd marry someone called Allan!)  is a victim of a system that demonstrates all that is wrong with celebrity culture, though the egalitarian in me says that if she can make it, so can anyone.  She is undoubtedly not very bright and is very naive and unthinking. However, she has to be where she is today because there is a market and an audience for vapid stupid actresses who are in really just becoming themselves, not playing a part.

There does seem to be an element in our society that promotes stupidity. There are more and more people setting themselves up as stupid and making knowingly stupid comments because it is seen as funny or adorable. Jade Goody was a good example.