Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ethelred the unready

Sheridan

83 posts in this topic

Long has a reputation of being a bit of a loose cannon I agree, but he's with us for a short period only and hopefully his 'on field' skills and success at the very pinnacle of the game will be of benefit in the run up to the GF.

John Bastion has had lengthy and successful periods at Leeds and Warrington discovering and nurturing the some of the best young talent in the country. I'd expect the culture and high standards within these leading clubs will have rubbed off and come as part of the package with John, including the identification of the necessary attributes of the right type of player for Featherstone Rovers. Knowing him as I do, I'm confident he won't suffer fools gladly.

Statement in saturdays press, Terry, stating that he could "be slotted in" at season end. He will not be coming for peanuts.

Long has a reputation of being a bit of a loose cannon I agree, but he's with us for a short period only and hopefully his 'on field' skills and success at the very pinnacle of the game will be of benefit in the run up to the GF.

John Bastion has had lengthy and successful periods at Leeds and Warrington discovering and nurturing the some of the best young talent in the country. I'd expect the culture and high standards within these leading clubs will have rubbed off and come as part of the package with John, including the identification of the necessary attributes of the right type of player for Featherstone Rovers. Knowing him as I do, I'm confident he won't suffer fools gladly.

Sorry Terry but his appointment worries me. My own view is after seeing some of the quotes around is that someone thinks that a 'name' will bring instant success. As I said before it seldom works out that way, and as Bob points out above, it won't be costing peanuts.

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out as we already had someone with high standards regarding attitude and type of player needed at Rovers. I also think that there's a huge difference between nurturing young players and coaching a 1st team squad.

What worries me is all the negativity , before anyones had a chance , hope longy stays with bastion would be a brilliant combination in my opinion.

I guess the post's on this thread just go to show you cannot please everyone. I seem to recall the DP had his doubters when he first came - he had no track record to speak of. As we did with DP, let's give the guy a chance. And why should Mr Long's salary concern anyone but the BOD.

I guess the post's on this thread just go to show you cannot please everyone. I seem to recall the DP had his doubters when he first came - he had no track record to speak of. As we did with DP, let's give the guy a chance. And why should Mr Long's salary concern anyone but the BOD.

Exactly , well said

Sorry Terry but his appointment worries me. My own view is after seeing some of the quotes around is that someone thinks that a 'name' will bring instant success. As I said before it seldom works out that way, and as Bob points out above, it won't be costing peanuts.

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out as we already had someone with high standards regarding attitude and type of player needed at Rovers. I also think that there's a huge difference between nurturing young players and coaching a 1st team squad.

It could be that you're absolutely right Les. What's done is done and we'll have to see how it all unfolds. Hoping for the best

Didn,t take LONG to rub off on us did he ;)