Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark richardson

Featherstone

76 posts in this topic

Ha ha ha

Im still laughing now

What a performance! Penny was outstanding. ..as was the whole team.

I started this thread tongue in cheek but wow.

Well done Lions. Well done to all us believers.

What a great 80 mins the lads put in today from 1 to 17!

And the difference was that they DID play for the 80.

Sod the diet, its a kebab and a pint tonigh.

I will also raise my glass to all the Legends who came today and no doubt inspired that second half performance!

BBC Sport says Lions 12 Fev 10, FT!!!!!!!

I agree. WTF? How did we manage that? VERY, VERY WELL DONE TO THE BOYS. That has made me as happy as when we beat them in the cup (10 years ago?).

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Spelly.

Great result and could have been a bigger margin. Not that the ref was biased either way but three times we picked up the ball in an "advantage" position for him to blow the whistle. Great effort, good positional kicking and great result. Think that last rain storm was timed perfectly.

You can imagine how nerve wracking it was watching from 3,000 miles away the score not change for the last half hour of

the second half....

All kinds of thoughts... the internet is down... you name it!

Then those two big letters FT appeared!!!!!

Then I remembered we ran them close at LSV last season, last match I saw in person.

They had a load of excuses as to why they didn't hamner us last year and no doubt a load of excuses again today

On the way out I heard Swinton were lucky the ref was bent its the chairman's fault bring back Powell. .

We just beat you lads. Fair and square.

Very well done today to the lions, much needed and definitely deserved. I said before kick off that today on paper we had a good looking team, both wingers played well today and for me penny is definitely the fastest in RL. We MUST kick on now from this result and pick up a few more.

Oh and just so philh can comment on here, I think we had about 15 d/r players tut tut

Lions lions lions.

Wayne

Will not be anything like last season where Swinton played us in middle of our cup run as the return game proved when we got 80+

A stroll in the park for me, potential showers saves it from being a 60+ prediction

Swinton 6 Fev 44

Well i got the showers bit right!!

Well played Swinton, well and truly deserved, caught us at a good time with our apparent off the field strife now rearing its ugly head

Hopefully we will be able to get revenge next season

That has made me as happy as when we beat them in the cup (10 years ago?).

Yes, that 2003 Challenge Cup victory over Rovers at Moor Lane was a splendid result.

But that win must surely be overshadowed by the superhuman effort at Post Office Road in the Cup 2nd round in 1965 when over 8,000 saw workaholic prop forward Ken Halliwell touchdown for the day's only try as the Lions really lived up to their names by heading westwards over the Pennines carrying Fev's cup scalp after a hard-fought, dour 9-2 win. A Lancashire side taking the spoils at P.O.R. wasn't supposed to be in the script as no team had won there in the Challenge Cup since the mid-'50s (according to The Lions of Swinton). That day the locals were certainly "partisan" as Steve Wild says in his epic labour-of-love The Lions of Swinton. So much so that you could feel the aggression vented towards anyone with a blue-and-white scarf AND a smile on their face. Talk about running the gauntlet as we made our way to the coaches in the car park.

:rtfm: 

You got your excuses right yes mate

Consider our off field and on field strife compared to yours

Your lot are in clover compared to our boys

We have been your bogey team many times before. Today was a hard earned win and the score could've been even more convincing in Swinton favour

Yes, that 2003 Challenge Cup victory over Rovers at Moor Lane was a splendid result.

But that win must surely be overshadowed by the superhuman effort at Post Office Road in the Cup 2nd round in 1965 when over 8,000 saw workaholic prop forward Ken Halliwell touchdown for the day's only try as the Lions really lived up to their names by heading westwards over the Pennines carrying Fev's cup scalp after a hard-fought, dour 9-2 win. A Lancashire side taking the spoils at P.O.R. wasn't supposed to be in the script as no team had won there in the Challenge Cup since the mid-'50s (according to The Lions of Swinton). That day the locals were certainly "partisan" as Steve Wild says in his epic labour-of-love The Lions of Swinton. So much so that you could feel the aggression vented towards anyone with a blue-and-white scarf AND a smile on their face. Talk about running the gauntlet as we made our way to the coaches in the car park.

:rtfm:

And who can forget our play off victory in 2006 with lee marsh kris smith and daz woods playing blinders?

You got your excuses right yes mate

Consider our off field and on field strife compared to yours

Your lot are in clover compared to our boys

We have been your bogey team many times before. Today was a hard earned win and the score could've been even more convincing in Swinton favour

Completely agree - just dont waste the olive branch youve earned next week

A brilliant effort from the lads today. The defence was unbelievable, proved by the fact that we've just kept Fev to 10 points, the least they've conceded all season. We're not down yet folk's!

We've dragged ourselves back into it with grit and determination today. Kev Penny was my MOM. I think they picked him out as a weak link but he stepped up to the plate every time a question was asked of him. Williams had his best game for us and Richie, Smithy, mills, Dwyer, all 17 were immense.

We need to kick on now, first of all with Leigh next week! Come on Lions!!!

I was also glad to see Tyrone McCarthy back in a Swinton shirt, quite surprising really as I'd been reliably informed that Tony Smith would 'beplaying him at Warrington over the next couple of weeks'!

You put up a great performance up against us last season and were unlucky to lose; No-one can be taken for granted just ask York and Donny;

Now believe...Well played Swinton; you were much better than the score suggested; (Fev fan)

I was also glad to see Tyrone McCarthy back in a Swinton shirt, quite surprising really as I'd been reliably informed that Tony Smith would 'beplaying him at Warrington over the next couple of weeks'!

Im watching him now on BBC..aren't you?

Well done to today's team and the coaches! Fantastic result, hopefully the start of some good form.