Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob8

Ticket Numbering

10 posts in this topic

Hello,
I have formatted some tickets for a rugby match on my computer, in PowerPoint and Word.  They must be individually numbered and we need about a thousand.

Short of my indiviually typing numbers 0001 to 1000 on each one, how can this be done?

Also, we would like four tickets per A4 sheet.

Thanks,

You could design them as separate pages in word and add automatic page numbering. Then when you print them you could scale them down to fit 4 on one page. The downside is you would need a 1000 page document. May just be quicker to change the numbers manually...

Paste it in to excel and use an n+1 type formula in the ticket number area?

A mail merge? Simply list the numbers in a spreadsheet (done in no time), then pull the numbers across to consecutive tickets as they're printed using the mail merge function. I think that's how it works anyway, I've not tried that in a few years.

A mail merge? Simply list the numbers in a spreadsheet (done in no time), then pull the numbers across to consecutive tickets as they're printed using the mail merge function. I think that's how it works anyway, I've not tried that in a few years.

Exactly the way I would suggest

That sounds great.

I am struggling with doing it as I am stupid.  Any tips?

Thank you!

Bob8

hope youve mastered it but if not it depends on the version of word youre using but basically you need a simple data source containing the numbers you want assigned to each copy. Open an Excel spreadsheet and:

1.In cell A1 type Number

.2. In cell A2, type 1 (or whatever number you need the sequence to start from), in cell A3 type 2 (or the next number up if you didn't start at 1); select the two cells simultaneously and use AutoComplete to fill in the remaining cells you need, so that the sequence ends with the number you want it to.

3. In your Word document, select Tools + Mailmerge.

4.Click on the “Create” button, select “Form Letters” and then “Active Window”.

5. Click on the “Get Data” button, select “Open Data Source” and then find and select the spreadsheet you've just created; then select “Entire Spreadsheet”, and finally, “Edit Main Document”.

6. The Mail Merge Toolbar will now be visible. Click in the document where you want the sequential number to go, then click on “Insert Merge Field” button on the toolbar, and select the “Number” field.

7. Click on the “Merge” button, Happy days!

Bob8

hope youve mastered it but if not it depends on the version of word youre using but basically you need a simple data source containing the numbers you want assigned to each copy. Open an Excel spreadsheet and:

1.In cell A1 type Number

.2. In cell A2, type 1 (or whatever number you need the sequence to start from), in cell A3 type 2 (or the next number up if you didn't start at 1); select the two cells simultaneously and use AutoComplete to fill in the remaining cells you need, so that the sequence ends with the number you want it to.

3. In your Word document, select Tools + Mailmerge.

4.Click on the “Create” button, select “Form Letters” and then “Active Window”.

5. Click on the “Get Data” button, select “Open Data Source” and then find and select the spreadsheet you've just created; then select “Entire Spreadsheet”, and finally, “Edit Main Document”.

6. The Mail Merge Toolbar will now be visible. Click in the document where you want the sequential number to go, then click on “Insert Merge Field” button on the toolbar, and select the “Number” field.

7. Click on the “Merge” button, Happy days!

Jaysus!!