Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazmeister

Hunslet v Wigan (I mean Leigh)

54 posts in this topic

Pryce was my MOM by a mile, followed by Kainy & Yatesy!

game today showed half how we can compete and survive in this league. 2nd half showed why we dont. Half time talk must have been a real belter cos Leigh were there for the taking today.swinton showed how it can be done today and york got a good bonus at halifax.All teams winning a match against good opposition except us.Can still do york but can see swinton been above us come end of season.

Pryce did well but not as a winger

The game was boring played by two poor attacking sides not sure what we can take from today considering we are bottom and Leigh were pi£$ poor

Am told j.keinhorst didnt play for LeedsR.L. did he play today for Hunslet ?

yes he played well some great tackles

What a flat boring game that was today. Each team just wanting to play their sets out and to see what came of it. Then..... We did what we always do, start to be flash and concede penaltys in our own 20. Great to get the bonus point but Leigh really just went through the motions and were not that interested really. In fact they looked tired.

Thought Kain had a good first half then ballsed it up in the second half and cost us a silly try plus one we got away with.

Maples had a good game again as did Yates. Thought Normington looked stronger this week too. Mcshanes kicking was great but he went missing for 30 minutes in the second half. I thought he had gone off but he hadn't.

We missed a proper Hooking combination and we should have had Mcshane at hooker with Tebb, and brought Helliwell in. Helliwell at 6 before Grimmer now fit seams his face doesnt fit with you Gaz any reason for it would be nice to know

If your dropping Watson from full back he is too good not to play on the wing. Pryce should be left out next week. Offers very little.

Leigh "MAY" have bet Hunslet with the14 start . Everybody HAPPY .Leigh ,Jaded , after cup triumph ,beat Hunslet for winning pay , by less than 14 to collect bets and Hunslet get a Bonus Point ! Amazing how "Iloverugby" has Hunslet as Team of The Month .Are they laughio at us ! !

you can't complain about the game been flat and boring, then in the same sentance complain about been flash

Course I can. That is what happened although we tried to be flash and wasn't.

I thought Eatons game plan was good - he went for no mistakes, nothing fancy and finish the sets. In the first half we did just that. Then in the second we did the silly old throwing and offloading the ball in impossible tackles.

We lost at Barrow because if the same thing and I thought we learned from it. Then it crept back in.

As for Pryce, he had a better game but sorry he is not good enough. He got the ball and could have skinned the defender down the line, but he knows he lacks pace and ran into the opposing pack on our own 30m line - several times too Give that to Maples or Brickwood and you would not have seen them for dust. So opinionated I may be but you know I am right.

Mcshane was missing for 1/3 of the game. He is an out an out Hooker and should be treat that way. Put Tebb in at 7 instead, he is another Rob Burrow and we know Burrow is wasted as Hooker.

Bonus point within 12 Not 14

...hunslet got beat by 7 gaining a bonus point . Betting handicap was 14 start for Hunslet . 2 seperate things. AM CONFIDENT Hunslet WILL WIN at Dewsbury . NO PROBLEM ! ! !

lets pl.ay as hunslet and if we go down which is likely go down as hunslet. nothing against any players who have played for us this year but lets play with hunslet players next year and no chopping and changing of players which i think as been our downfall this year

lets pl.ay as hunslet and if we go down which is likely go down as hunslet. nothing against any players who have played for us this year but lets play with hunslet players next year and no chopping and changing of players which i think as been our downfall this year

... Good call .Thats what I want ... AGREE TOTALLY ...

Leigh "MAY" have bet Hunslet with the14 start . Everybody HAPPY .Leigh ,Jaded , after cup triumph ,beat Hunslet for winning pay , by less than 14 to collect bets and Hunslet get a Bonus Point ! Amazing how "Iloverugby" has Hunslet as Team of The Month .Are they laughio at us ! !

1. It's LoveRugbyLeague.com, we have sponsored your club in the past, please get our name right.

2. You were team of the week, not team of the month.

3. We were not laughing at you, we were giving you free promotion, just like every other team of the week we have featured.

4. Are you seriously suggesting that Leigh players had bets on this match?

Be it team of the week or month , strange a team, incapable of wining should be 4n the spotlight .As previously pointed out this is A rugby forum NOT an english lesson !

Be it team of the week or month , strange a team, incapable of wining should be 4n the spotlight .As previously pointed out this is A rugby forum NOT an english lesson !

It would be respectful if you got our name right.

Everybody has been or will be team of the week at some point.

It would be respectful if you got our name right.

Everybody has been or will be team of the week at some point.

gav your wasting your breath

gav your wasting your breath

No worries pal, I know most of you are alright really ;)

Looking forward to having you over on August 19th. Possibly the biggest game in either club's recent history...

No worries pal, I know most of you are alright really ;)

Looking forward to having you over on August 19th. Possibly the biggest game in either club's recent history...

Can't disagree with that, I'm nervous already!

I recall Hunslet being the last team to play at Yorks former ground (was it wigton lane)? Very emotional ,Yorks player of old turned out in force ,after the game ,people sat crying in the stands .End of an era .Always enjoy going to York ,team on a par with Us ,Great Supporters ,Great place . Hope its OUR turn to win !!

I recall Hunslet being the last team to play at Yorks former ground (was it wigton lane)? Very emotional ,Yorks player of old turned out in force ,after the game ,people sat crying in the stands .End of an era .Always enjoy going to York ,team on a par with Us ,Great Supporters ,Great place . Hope its OUR turn to win !!

Wiggington Road

We've won there the last two seasons and are York's bogey team

Wiggington Road

We've won there the last two seasons and are York's bogey team

...Thanks for that . Im ULTRA Confident We will Win at Dewsbury AND York .

Am amazed how Quiet this forum is ? Come on Now please state your feelings .For me ,I believe Leeds R.L. are one of the fittest teams in Super League , so to quote fellow posters , a certain player went missing for a 3rd of the game ? ? in champianship . p.s. im only commenting on what i have read .

Am amazed how Quiet this forum is ? Come on Now please state your feelings .For me ,I believe Leeds R.L. are one of the fittest teams in Super League , so to quote fellow posters , a certain player went missing for a 3rd of the game ? ? in champianship . p.s. im only commenting on what i have read .

macca missing for part of the game was nothing to do with fitness it was down to us giving Leigh the ball back on the first and second tackle about 10 times in the second half, hence impossible for him to come into the game. Unless of course you want your 6 & 7 taking hit ups?

macca missing for part of the game was nothing to do with fitness it was down to us giving Leigh the ball back on the first and second tackle about 10 times in the second half, hence impossible for him to come into the game. Unless of course you want your 6 & 7 taking hit ups?

....Thanks for pointing the 'possesion'situation out .