Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazmeister

Hunslet v Wigan (I mean Leigh)

54 posts in this topic

anyone care to give a match report against leigh whilst im on hols , ta

Good effort first half, nothing between the teams, at 6 all with seconds left to half time, Leigh score under the posts literally as the hooter was blowing to give them a 12-6 lead at half time, must have been a killer for our lads after their efforts first half. Second half we battled away once more and stood toe to toe with Leigh but our inability to complete sets continuously knocking on on the first and second tackle meant that we never had possession and could not build up any pressure. Add to that the defending we had to do it was remarkable we only got beat by 7 points. Some great efforts across the park, Pryce was my MOM, Kain was oustanding a fullback but his one error was the game breaker. Mapals did loads of work and looked a threat, Houston and Yates were our best forwards, and Marchy at 9 for the first 20 mins looked like a different player and bossed the game in that opening 20 mins. Mcshane was quite, put a great 40 20 in first half and a lovely chip over the top for Mapals to score in the second half. All in all a decent performance against a top team, who to be fair looked like they had been partying all week. But we would have all taken a loss by 7 points before the game, and the bonus point was invaluable with the other results that went against us. we now have 3 games we must win, i think we can win all 3 if we play for 80 mins. Looking forward to the long walk to Dewsbury Sunday should be a cracking local derby lets travel (walk) in our numbers and get behind the lads! 

Nihil sine Deo

anyone care to give a match report against leigh whilst im on hols , ta

..Comprehensive match report on club website.

To be honest Gaz , a bonus point would be great on Sunday. I don't expect any more, as Leigh don't loose to anyone below them.Credit to them for that.

Just another point though, Leigh pretend not to Dual Reg , and seem to get away with it, only poor old Swinton and us get all the blame for the dual reg.

Remember Barrow had more Dual reg than us last Sunday, Leigh will more than likely have more D/R than us Sunday.

Hahaha give over we had 2 loans players which weren't even dual reg