Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pie tries

What's happening with Swintons 'new' ground?

32 posts in this topic

I don't think so. As far as Dr. Koukash and his marketing team is concerned Salford, Swinton, Oldham and Manchester inside the M60 and every sattelite town along the outer edge of the M60 will most definitely be "Salford territory" as far as the Salford Reds marketing team are concerned. The game needs a strong Salford feeding off this area.

You were certain Manchester, including Salford, was a lost cause for RL and were suggesting that Manchester was in the catchment area of Wigan in the recent past. Along comes Dr Koukash as an investor, an investor you were certain did not exist, and hey presto, the leopard changed his spots.

I was reading an old article in League Express from the early 90s the other day. Leigh were in dire straights and a relocation to Station Road was a potential solution. How things change.

However, very little at Swinton seems to change, unfortunately. The club was managed like a shambles when the "stadium" was announced in the mid-noughties, and it probably isn't run much better now. False promise after false promise to some of the most exploited fans in the game, whose goodwill is taken for granted.

Nothing will change IMO until the current custodians of the club move on.

Now now jonty we all know you can say a bit more definitively than probably and possibly. ..

As for leigh? Not a lot changed there has it?

The whole of rugby league is an administrative shambles

Its neither new nor due to therecent economic downturn

Will Swinton get us die hards a new stadium?

I doubt it but heres to hope and positivity

Oh and I'm born in swinton. ...so I'm s swintonian then a mancunian or a lancastrian.....never ever a salfordian

You were certain Manchester, including Salford, was a lost cause for RL and were suggesting that Manchester was in the catchment area of Wigan in the recent past. Along comes Dr Koukash as an investor, an investor you were certain did not exist, and hey presto, the leopard changed his spots.

Not at all. Anecdotal evidence saw RL fans from Oldham and Manchester going to Wigan. A strong Salford will of course also compete for SL fans from the area. people want top class sport Salford weren't providing it.

Not at all. Anecdotal evidence saw RL fans from Oldham and Manchester going to Wigan. A strong Salford will of course also compete for SL fans from the area. people want top class sport Salford weren't providing it.

Well, it's looking likely Salford A, sorry I meant Oldham, could finally get promoted this year, so maybe a few will return to the fold. Wigan will be in big trouble.

All the Oldham fans of my acquaintance simply stopped going. Or died. And I hope for the regulars at Whitebank that the latter stopped going as well. 

I did hear tell of a couple of lads going watching St Helens and I suppose a few would have gone to Wigan or even, heaven forbid,over the hill to the delights of Huddersfield or,gasp,Leeds but they're definitely a small minority. Most just seem to have said "**** it". I cant see many buying into a new Super Salford

edit - oh,yes - this is about Swinton isnt it? I wondered the other day if the Swintonian,David Hughes ever felt he should have put £20M into Swinton rather than frittering it away on the Broncos. He would have seen a fair few more wins that's for sure.