Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Kear - transfer rumours have caused unrest

33 posts in this topic

I'm not one of them if that's what you mean. I can't even spell schadenfreude!

I'm very glad to hear it.  Perhaps I erroneously perceived a note of irony in your post.  No offence intended -  I couldn't bring myself to insult anyone who understands, and can correctly spell, schadenfreude.  Its disturbing how widespread it is in what passes for society these days.

We don't have a great fan base at the best of times, but I'm afraid fans are now voting with their feet after the shambles they've seen over the last 6 weeks. Can't really fault them either.

Starting to consider a few weeks off myself and I've barely missed a game this season.

So you only support your team when they're playing well? 

So you only support your team when they're playing well?

Having been going home and away where possible for 20 odd years your post holds little validity. I've seen some god awful batley teams over the years, and still keep coming back. Oh as well as investing quite a bit of money and time into the club in other ways.

Having a game off is hardly fickle. Yet I imagine after calming down a bit I will end up at Cougar Park next week.

It's called frustration Eddie. And having seen some of your posts about your own side in recent years I don't think you really need any further explanation.

Having been going home and away where possible for 20 odd years your post holds little validity. I've seen some god awful batley teams over the years, and still keep coming back. Oh as well as investing quite a bit of money and time into the club in other ways.

Having a game off is hardly fickle. Yet I imagine after calming down a bit I will end up at Cougar Park next week.

It's called frustration Eddie. And having seen some of your posts about your own side in recent years I don't think you really need any further explanation.

Fair point

With regard to the players being 'tapped up' or even signed up by other clubs for next year.

It doesn't sit well with me as I feel there could be a conflict of interests.

Lets imagine for a moment that we still had to play Dewsbury on the last day of the season. Dewsbury meanwhile have gone into a Batley-esque tailspin and are second from bottom of the league. The final match is a very tense affair and at the final hooter, Batley score to come within a point of their old foe. All hinges on the final conversion. If it goes over, Dewsbury are down, if it doesn't they stay up. And up steps Tom Hemingway to take the kick....................... See my point?

Now, probably wouldn't make a difference to us (in fact I for one would want them to stay up), but tell that to the poor sods who do go down.

I accept there are a lot of ifs in there (Dewsbury being in the lead at the final hooter for one ;) ), but it surely cannot be right that a player has some kind of allegiance to another club in the same league.

With regard to the players being 'tapped up' or even signed up by other clubs for next year.

It doesn't sit well with me as I feel there could be a conflict of interests.

Lets imagine for a moment that we still had to play Dewsbury on the last day of the season. Dewsbury meanwhile have gone into a Batley-esque tailspin and are second from bottom of the league. The final match is a very tense affair and at the final hooter, Batley score to come within a point of their old foe. All hinges on the final conversion. If it goes over, Dewsbury are down, if it doesn't they stay up. And up steps Tom Hemingway to take the kick....................... See my point?

Now, probably wouldn't make a difference to us (in fact I for one would want them to stay up), but tell that to the poor sods who do go down.

I accept there are a lot of ifs in there (Dewsbury being in the lead at the final hooter for one ;) ), but it surely cannot be right that a player has some kind of allegiance to another club in the same league.

Unfortunately the rules of RFL allow players to sign for clubs after a certain date, which would appear to be in the middle of the current season. If they are not prepared to alter this in some way, then I would suggest that it is mandatory for clubs to announce any signings within 7 days of them happening. This would mean that everyone is fully aware of what is happening, possibly even the current club who may well be being kept in the dark by the player as to his intentions.

I'm not one of them if that's what you mean. I can't even spell schadenfreude!

Me neither oldoggy - you have no chance being relegated and should still comfortably make the playoffs - anything can happen  in that form of the competition, so your season is hardly dead in the water. We on the other hand are still nearly as close to relegation as we are to the playoffs, so what do we have to gloat about. Let me put a positive spin on things for demoralised fans like BTJ though - the dogs, by losing to our very close rivals on a (currently) regular basis, are ensuring that the rams stay in the relegation mix - what's not to like ? ;)

I don't know if any of you follow the premier competition in our sport, the NRL, but this is widespread and well reported there and doesn't seem to cause any of the sort of upset that are being attributed to Batley's present situation. In the NRL players' futures are commonly and openly discussed from mid-season onwards and who they will be playing for in the next year or so is openly discussed, even by the players themselves. They are, however (with a couple of notable exceptions) thoroughly professional in their approach in terms of their condition and playing efforts for their current teams, who are after all paying their wages.

Professionalism and honour are at the root of any such problems, and these should be being addressed forthwith.

(p.s. this, in my opinion, further exposes the weaknesses of the DR system for Championship clubs.)