Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlwaysCru

Roughyeds v NW Crusaders

35 posts in this topic

Got to be honest I'm quite surprised with a game of this magnitude for Roughyeds tomorrow that there's not more chat about it on the forums given the potential implications for promotion.

I would have thought there would have been a bit more of a buzz about the game, we're hoping to bring a big crowd and hope Oldham old and new will turn out for it!

Hopefully the numbers at Whitebank will come through. Has there been much marketing of the game locally to try and get the casual fans out?

There is a big buzz about the game mate believe me, the problem is a lot of Oldham fans have got sick of the negative attitude of some people on our messageboard and refuse to even look at it!!! Hopefully if the game is on (its currently hammering it down in Oldham) , i would hope there would be a crowd of about 1000, maybe more. If you bring 200-300 thats a great away following and i would expect that to make the crowd up to somewhere round that mark. We never have much marketing unfortunately, its a shame we are not more pro active but a lot of it is down to politics and people not liking the Chairman/the ground etc, but thats for another day.

If the game is on ( which im sure we all hope it will be) , have a safe journey over and enjoy the banter. If you come in the club for a pint make yourself known to us, we will be the noisy ones, or just ask where Taffy is (my grandad was Welsh) lol. Heres to a great game and a brilliant advert for RL in the lower divisions after todays CC SF debacle.

You're right about the negativity R34 it seems to be across most of rugby league at the moment and not just the Roughyeds site. Don't know why as we watch the best spectator sport in the world in my opinion. The worst game of rl is much better than the best game of football so why don't we get the crowds? We're lucky at the Cru as everybody is very positive and upbeat and there's always a great family atmosphere at the ground. Whether this is because we're a new club and on a roll at the moment I hope not. Good luck for today I hope you have a great game and lose by 13 points (lol) then go the rest of the season unbeaten.

Huge game. Sadly stuck here in Northampton so I'll be willing the Yeds on from here. In any case I bet it will be a far better game than the rubbish on yesterday!

Usually the commentary drives me bonkers-i'd be better guessing what's going on. But today their passion was hilarious!

Oldham slay the high flying crusaders.

GREAT WIN!

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC TEAM DISPLAY

SUPER DEFESENIVE EFFORT

SKILLFUL OFFENCE ATTACKING OPTIONS

BRILLANT ATTANDENCE (1209)

COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR REF (FOR BOTH SIDES)

The crusaders are a great group of supporters and it was a classic game of rugby league.

The welsh supporters who spent the second half topless singing in the rain was a sight to behold, sorry boys the topless supporters were male.

Well done The 'yheds! Slightly disappointed I'm on holiday in Florida!!! Massive effort denying them the bonus point, have a feeling that's going to be significant at the end of the season! Synopsis of the game would be greatly appreciated. C'mon Oldham!

All these weeks at the top are giving me a nosebleed! As Geo says the win and lack of losing bonus could well be crucial. Please no more Grand Final defeats ever! 

Fantastic result and well done...

Totally agree about the bonus point I have a funny feeling that denying NWC a bonus could be very important.

Congratulations Yeds, best team won. Gutted we didn't get the bonus point. This is going to make for a very interesting and tense finish to the season.

Thank you Clwydianrange!

Great game with two committed teams battling for the win, so very good rugby on show today.

Great advert for rugby league in our division.

Jono Smiths belly was constantly offside.

Any news about Stuart Rearden?

Not good news could be out for about 6 months

Great player, I wish him a good recovery

Thank you Clwydianrange!

Great game with two committed teams battling for the win, some very good rugby on show today.

Great advert for rugby league in our division.

Jono Smiths belly was constantly offside.

Any news about Stuart Rearden?

Wow, what an awesome game, the passion on show was amazing, the players from 1-17 were outstanding, huge congrats to Scott and Spanner.

Also sending wishes for a speedy recovery for Stuart.

Today is about the fantastic win over the league favourites, our defence was awesome despite an unusual amount of handling errors. The downpour at halftime contributed to these errors.

We have a three games left in the regular season, two of which will be difficult, London and Rochdale away, plus Gloucester at home. We lay five points ahead in the league but NWC have two games in hand. Both teams have to play London away. All season I have been in no doubt that we would have to face the play offs and the prospect of another grand final but after today's win the promotion has been thrown wide open but NWC play SWS, Oxford, Hemel, Gateshead and London. It is difficult to see we're the crusaders will drop points.

A win in our next game at London will apply the pressure on the NWC but the London game will be equally has difficult as todays game. Rochdale have also had a very good win at home.

Well done Oldham!

Absolutely fantastic example set for RL. Two passionate teams and supporters going at it hammer and tongue to the end. After yesterdays debacle CC SF this game should restore the faith. 100% effort from both teams. Good to see Roary with our flag and 1206 attendance was excellent. PLEASE, PLEASE come back again, this team never gives up, always believes in each other and the celebration by the lads with the supporters was a sight to behold. The sight of a topless Kev shaking every supporters hand at the end will live in the memory for years to come.At the end of the season both Crusaders and Oldham deserve to go up.

Best wishes to Reardon. Wish him a swift recovery.

What a performance and game today. The whole pack was outstanding with standouts being Hobson and Wardy. Whitehead looked a very accomplished player and I think may play at scrum half next week as Hughes looked to finish the game injured. Ford continues to score tries galore no matter what side of the pitch he plays on and has been a superb signing. The improvements in Danny Langtree and Phil Joy has been one of my personal favourite parts of this year and they have become two of our best and most crucial performers.

Crowd was great as were the Crusaders fans and I hope they attain promotion(preferably through the play offs)

We have to keep winning now and keep them under pressure. Onwards to London.

Well played the Yeds a deserved win and great to have a pint in the club house with you guys after the game.

Best wishes for the rest of the season (NOT)   :P .

Regards 7