Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlwaysCru

Roughyeds v NW Crusaders

35 posts in this topic

There were easily 200 Crusaders fans at the game today but strangely quiet. as if they knew what was comming. As a Crusaders fan I would like to say Well done Oldham on a thoroughly deserved victory. You grew in confidence as the game went on, even refused to kick an easy penalty and eventually even denied us a bonus point. It was bitter sweet for me because I thought Lewis Palfrey had a superb game and he learned his RL at my amateur club. If McConnell had passes when he broke through after Crusaders had just got to within 8 points I believe Crusaders would have gone on to win, But that is all ifs and buts. I still believe that Crusaders will win the league without dropping any more points but well done Oldham. have a great night.

Good win Oldham and a very good attendance...theres life in the old dog yet :-)

Reference a previous posting, I am one of the people who stopped writing on here because of all the negative comments that were appearing. But, had to come back on today to say how well I thought the team played today. From 1 - 17 the players were terrific and not one of them took a backward step against what appeared to be much bigger opposition. Thought Putting Crowley at Centre was a piece of inspiration as he nullified every threat down that side all game on defence. Felt that the forwards today were immense as not one of them took a backward step.

Also, I have to admit that my view of Lewis Palfrey in the early games was quite negative, but that opinion has completely changed these last few weeks, as he has been our Kingpin and a great Captain - so credit where it's due Lewis!

Lastly, I have to mention Sammy Gee who I thought was THE difference today. He probed the Crusaders' defence all game, had them at 6's and 7's throughout and was instrumental in our tries in the second half playing uphill.

Don't think that Crusaders will slip up againthis season and so we will have to go through the play-offs but, after recent performances, I don't think we have anything to fear.

Just to reiterate what somebody has said on previous threads - aren't Mondays great at the moment!

Well done Oldham.  We were beaten fair and square by the better team on the day.  Thanks to all at Oldham RLFC for making us welcome at Whitebank.