Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

signings for next year

197 posts in this topic

Most of ours disappear on holiday .... Wonder how many from Batley are away on their jollies tmro

Sorry but I agree with Tf10, no other team seem to let players go on holiday while the season is on, this has happened to many times this season and I think it has disrupted the team a lot. Will it be aloud next season? who knows, I hope not as it affects the team to much, some players obviously didn't think we could make the playoffs! I understand that its semi-pro, but when I spend my cash to watch my team I want to see the best team possible on the park, if they want to book holidays anytime maybe they should have stayed amateur sorry.

Sorry but I agree with Tf10, no other team seem to let players go on holiday while the season is on, this has happened to many times this season and I think it has disrupted the team a lot. Will it be aloud next season? who knows, I hope not as it affects the team to much, some players obviously didn't think we could make the playoffs! I understand that its semi-pro, but when I spend my cash to watch my team I want to see the best team possible on the park, if they want to book holidays anytime maybe they should have stayed amateur sorry.

I can see both sides of the story but I cannot ever remember a season or two where this has happened as much before, so it seems like a new thing. It is frustrating for fans and I bet the club would be upset if those fans said that they weren't going to buy season tickets next season as they might go on a couple of holidays. It certainly seems to have happened at Town more than other clubs and it is being commented on quite a bit by Town fans.

Holidays injuries goings on we are a promoted team in the top 8 and the playoffs win or lose tomorrow what a tremendous effort

Sorry but I agree with Tf10, no other team seem to let players go on holiday while the season is on, this has happened to many times this season and I think it has disrupted the team a lot. Will it be aloud next season? who knows, I hope not as it affects the team to much, some players obviously didn't think we could make the playoffs! I understand that its semi-pro, but when I spend my cash to watch my team I want to see the best team possible on the park, if they want to book holidays anytime maybe they should have stayed amateur sorry.

I agree with the absences over the season too but this bloke regularly has sly digs stirring it up he is an haven fan taking the pi**. Don't fall for it he has been rumbled. Just laugh at him

What's to laugh at ? I'm always right ha! Can you see Leigh / fev any other team letting their better players go on holiday during the playoffs ha!! Some amateur clubs wouldn't let it happen ! Too much player power I'm afraid - folk just do what they want - its a good job the no train no play rule isn't still enforced ! Would have no one left !

All this and we're the still best team in Cumbria. Barrow didn't use dual reg and can be proud of their achievement but its lucky for Haven that we are so 'amateur' as its allowed them to get within 2 points of us when in reality they wouldn't be anywhere near if we were more 'professional'

as i have said earlier lets hope we can retain the bulk of the squad and add a bit of quality where its needed.

Noticed the shaven chairman in lakes College the other day talking to S Wilkinson the coach of the rugby team based there, I heard that they are looking at taking a few of them lads, are Town not looking down this line, M J works their he should know what these lads are like, we always seem to be slow on these things.

The kids are affiliated to there local pro club as its an RFL run scheme but they need a club for payment purposes etc so any lads from Allerdale on there will be under a Workington Town contract

Noticed the shaven chairman in lakes College the other day talking to S Wilkinson the coach of the rugby team based there, I heard that they are looking at taking a few of them lads, are Town not looking down this line, M J works their he should know what these lads are like, we always seem to be slow on these things.

S.WIlkinson ?? thats not Staurt Wilkinson is it ?? if it is then forget about the players and sign him up to coach you lot next year 

agreed dave but apparently the club dont like names being put on here until players have signed.

thats right , I know a Salford player was up before the York game talking terms 

S.WIlkinson ?? thats not Staurt Wilkinson is it ?? if it is then forget about the players and sign him up to coach you lot next year 

That's him marra .

thats right , I know a Salford player was up before the York game talking terms

heard that it was more than talking terms that took place.done deal apparently.

Martin Gleeson has a good couple of years left !!!

and would cost way more than hes worth.

Yes no doubt . The Leigh's and Swintons etc have geography as a big friend as well don't they when the fire sales are on

I would like to see MILLER and ROONEY at centre good mixture of pace and power next season?

That's him marra .

I wondered why Wigan had set up Purdham to watch over cumbria, no doubt SW has something to do with that ;)  

We went down the ex SL kids previously with rotherham and it failed miserably - we have to to be careful with that one

We went down the ex SL kids previously with rotherham and it failed miserably - we have to to be careful with that one

Yeah your right mate but I suppose it depends who it is, the likes of Lunt & Olstrum were released by SL clubs as not good enough but you'd be delighted if either signed for your team. I'm sure there are many more like them, you just have to be careful to cherry pick the right ones.

Keep it local and lads are ok but Rotherhams travellers just didn't have the heart the likes of Lunt and olstrum have

Heard on the grapevine there maybe another Cumbrian returning home but will see of anything comes of it!!

There's one player I would like to see here and he will be a free agent come end of oct

if dave petersen is coming back to england which im sure he is, then he should be top of our wanted list.

if dave petersen is coming back to england which im sure he is, then he should be top of our wanted list.