Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

The wire

18 posts in this topic

......has to be one of the best if not the best tv drama series of all time. I can't believe I'd never even heard of it never mind watched an episode when it originally aired. I've just crammed all 5 seasons into a fortnight, fantastic viewing. For me it's up there with cracker, Colombo and NYPD blue.

Try The Shield, I had a similar experience to you, discovered it then could not believe I had not heard of it. Uncomfortable but compulsive viewing.

Try The Shield, I had a similar experience to you, discovered it then could not believe I had not heard of it. Uncomfortable but compulsive viewing.

Will do, sounds like my cup of tea.

Bought the first season of The Shield and didn't feel the love. No where near as good as the wire.

Bought the first season of The Shield and didn't feel the love. No where near as good as the wire.

Each to his own I suppose. My preference the other way around. For me The Shield just kept getting better.

Should give "Breaking Bad" a watch, it's the muts nuts

Yep, heard a lot about this and I'm going to give it a bash after I'm finished with eastbound & down.

I watched a few episodes of the Wire but gave up because I couldn't understand half of what the drug dealers were saying ... total mumbling.

Although its not a drama series I can't recommend Oliver stone's "untold history of the united states" documentary series enough. it's another take or other side of the story of the history of US foreign policy post WW2, It's a take on history that you'd never hear from the majority of US politicians and the corrupt corporate media.

"The Americans" is up with the best tv series in my opinion

Yep, heard a lot about this and I'm going to give it a bash after I'm finished with eastbound & down.

Eastbound and Down is one of the best comedy series no one has ever heard of.

Just got knocked out of the cup,

shouldn't this be in the main forum?

I watched a few episodes of the Wire but gave up because I couldn't understand half of what the drug dealers were saying ... total mumbling.

I found I had to watch it with subtitles. But I still loved it.

Good array of British talent in the Wire as well.

Ha! Yes. McNulty of course. But Stringer Bell too. Any others?

Ha! Yes. McNulty of course. But Stringer Bell too. Any others?

Yeah, those two I was thinking of. A bit of a stretch but Tommy Carcetti was played by Irishman Aiden Gillan and Lester Freamon played by Clarke Peters was born in the US lived in England since the 70s according to imdb.

Best TV drama ever. True dat.

Eastbound and Down is one of the best comedy series no one has ever heard of.

I'd put "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" in that category as well, although not to everybody's tastes I'll admit.

Never seen The Wire (I will eventuallY0, but I'll back up the calls of Breaking Bad - the only TV show to leave me visably shaking at some of the plot developments.