Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Casfan1978

What an absolute tool ! I have no words.........

67 posts in this topic

I wasn't insinuating the BBC had any motive, sorry if that's how it was taken. I was more thinking how this could be turned around into a positive, such as getting the BBC to say what a lovely inclusive sport rugby league is.

Duff Duff what you say reminds me of one of my favourite maxims I have:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

Courtesy of Monsieur Bonaparte

It was a mistake. A mistake that was quickly rectified by an inexperienced director. No doubt it will be discussed during the post production review and taken into consideration when they cover the final which will have a much bigger audience.

No lingering close ups of the crowd unless they are celebrating a try being scored.

The "BBC" didn't decide anything. A relatively junior member of staff made a mistake.

Perhaps Steve Ganson was directing.

This is just nonsense. If people chose not to attend any sport for fear of seeing/hearing something vulgar then they'd probably never go at all. In fact they'd probably never leave the house. Rugby league has become so sanitised it barely resembles the game I grew up with (banning shoulder charges, sending players off for 'fighting', i.e. pushing each other). Now we want to sanitise the fans too? Perhaps at half time we ought to forego the pies and pints and instead have a lemon grass smoothie and a small portion of grapes? Utter rubbish. Hull have the best fans in the league IMO. They always bring thousands and seem determined to have a great time, win, lose or draw.

Well done to Hull and good luck in the final. Have a great day out everyone.

Glad I read this thread before suggesting it should be merged with the "Josh Charnley" one.  :ph34r:

What's wrong? Supporters aggressively gesticulating towards the TV cameras and flicking the middle finger. It isn't a great look to be honest.

Again the directors that cover soccer matches have learnt long ago not to linger on the crowd is the same way they do at cricket or tennis.

Do you look under the bed each and every night? 

Duff Duff what you say reminds me of one of my favourite maxims I have:

Great quote. I will weave that into my day today. Thx

Seconded

Don't get me wrong, the majority of Hull's fans are fantastic, but they they do seem to have a larger bunch of knobs than most teams.

Well if the twitter picture is real , then Wigan won't be high in this yardstick

Despite what that picture may, or may not reveal, I can confirm that Wigan has a very high percentage of big knobs.

Your private life is your own.

Disgrace to himself, his family, his school, his club, the game, ban alcohol in the grounds, lifetime ban for those indulging in flicking the Vs, no swearing...

Think I've covered everything.

It was no difference to seeing some fat, sun burnt, bold headed 'giving large' at a Ingerland soccer match.

It looked like a t1t but that's his problem.

What a waste of forum space, great game played in a great spirit, no trouble after the game both fans mixing, FC fans being congratulated by Wire fans and wishing them luck.

Couldn't care less and I doubt most other people do either.

Seen much worse and I will in the future. Great game of RL and I really can't wait for the final.

Pointless thread.

So, Im watching the CC semi final on TV with my 7 year old son and also with some friends who are new to Rugby League.... My opening 'bigging up' of the sport is aimed at trying to entice them to come down to a game at the World Cup in a friendly and well natured environment with quality sport on show !

In the 30th minute, Ben Westwood coughs up the ball and the Hull players rightfully celebrate. The camera pans to the crowd and at this point I am lost for words and truely embarrassed...... well done mate, the sport of Rugby League, Hull FC and your friends and family are truely proud of you !

Needless to say that is 2 tickets less for the World Cup. I know it happens in most sports but the vile commets being uttered from this gentlemens mouth and the fact that he is clearly intoxicated to such a point that he can barely stand up is a disgrace ! There are children around. The BBC didnt help either by not changing the camera quick enough though they tried to pan out so that he was less prominent on the screen.

The question has to be.... is it time to call time on selling alcohol in grounds ? Given that most rugby grounds are licensed premises, the law is fairly black and white (pardon the pun) in that it is an offence to be drunk on licensed premises...... I for one like a drink at game but with recent crowd problems (made worse by booze) tarnishing our sport... Is this something that we could do without ?

For those who didnt see it, here he is...... (albeit upside down to avoid offence)...... attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Now I have not read the thread here only about 4 posts into it as im busy etc but had to comment here, If your friends are that bothered about a plonker being a moron or the TV camera guy having a brain fart by showing it affects them that much that the rest of the game is irrelevant and they wont attend the sport as a consequence then boy do THEY have problems, JHC what the heck is wrong with people today, Do your friends not drive because they read in the news paper that their was a crash in the same town/city, don't they eat food because someone somewhere got food poisoning, stuff like this thread boils my ######, PS if your offended by my choice of words TOUGH.

It's a bit of an overreaction this thread.  Don't worry about it.

Time to let it rest I think, everyone's had their say and there's not much new being added.