Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

Some thoughts about today: positivity spoiler alert!

123 posts in this topic

So no credit to Workington then even though they out scored you 4 tries to 2 and kept you try-less down the slope.

I think if you read Chairmans post......he did say it was 2 tries to workington......thats 4 minus 2 = 2

if we were playing well youd get loads of credit from Batley.....but a different result

Blue white army town town put your toys back into your prams and get a grip use got beat end of thanks for the 3 points

TOWN TOWN

Hahahahahahahaha

Sounds like your players were asleep today. 

They wernt asleep theyve packed in.Why are the players leaving because its CLAIMED that the board have slashed the wages for next season.The coach and i feel sorry for jk is just has *issed off has the players.He POSSIBLE wont be here next season, The truth is and your chairmans given hints all season about you turning out and increasing the gates.You cant afford the team you have on the support you provide.

Blue white army town town put your toys back into your prams and get a grip use got beat end of thanks for the 3 points

TOWN TOWN

Hahahahahahahaha

?...... please translate

They wernt asleep theyve packed in.Why are the players leaving because its CLAIMED that the board have slashed the wages for next season.The coach and i feel sorry for jk is just has *issed off has the players.He POSSIBLE wont be here next season, The truth is and your chairmans given hints all season about you turning out and increasing the gates.You cant afford the team you have on the support you provide.

please define " packed in "....as it would help and maybe we could get them to "unpack" for next week.

and who has "CLAIMED" that the wages have been slashed for next seaon ?....do you have the link to the said claim ?.

Someone's been out on the lash tonight. I hope you wiped your feet on the way out of Jack D's. Awful, grubby place. I could make all sorts of supposition about the Ostriches based on hearsay - such as your coach being ready to pull the plug due to a job offer from Australia and Kirklees Council being set to condemn your new terracing before its even been used due to cheap, negligent construction - but I'm not going to. Oh, hang on, I just did. You seem to be continually obsessed with the non-existent fact that we're on the edge of financial doom, clinging to the same flawed logic year upon year. What a sad, twisted (not to mention virtually illiterate) individual you are. Do you seriously think our chairman would be bothering with efforts to raise money for further ground improvements if we were on the verge or financial meltdown, you imbecile?

I really think some of you guys so buy the match DVD If u thought purple ronny helped town beat you guys, seriously the awful choices he made went for both teams and we tackled you lot to victory to be honest, we wanted it more and came away with a deserved win!! Jarrad stack was the best player on the field which is why there was a good few head shots going in and Callum Phillips also was superb who got up from a dirty off the ball shot to the ribs to Trojan through!! Batley forum or not watch the DVD for a true reflection, see you in the playoffs. Up the town

I really think some of you guys so buy the match DVD If u thought purple ronny helped town beat you guys, seriously the awful choices he made went for both teams and we tackled you lot to victory to be honest, we wanted it more and came away with a deserved win!! Jarrad stack was the best player on the field which is why there was a good few head shots going in and Callum Phillips also was superb who got up from a dirty off the ball shot to the ribs to Trojan through!! Batley forum or not watch the DVD for a true reflection, see you in the playoffs. Up the town

But no-one's really bothered about Ronnie or his performance - or remotely looking to blame him, as evidenced by 99% of this thread. I can't see what you're getting at? We're all more concerned with the malaise at our club that's derailed our season. You've just wasted your time making that post. Its laughable that your fans are saying we've got a case of sour grapes when there's no evidence to back it up. If anything, the Workington fans who've posted on this thread demonstrate that you're not exactly gracious in victory! Why not enjoy your success instead of trying to look for an argument that plainly isn't there to be had?

O what fun it is too see town win away sweetie pie!! Up the town down with negative

O what fun it is too see town win away sweetie pie!! Up the town down with negative

What's this? Doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of your last post? I assume you're replying to me, but I can't be sure as there's no direct reference to what I said?

The ref was against us all game the amount of high tackles from your players offsides forward passes and you have the nerve to say you won by an offside try... Talk about sore losers

The ref was against us all game the amount of high tackles from your players offsides forward passes and you have the nerve to say you won by an offside try... Talk about sore losers

To Scott and all other Workington fans who have posted:

Although your winning try looked dubiously offside, Mr Laughton made numerous strange decisions for both sides, and seemed to very much 'favour' us in the first stanza of the game IMO. However, the referee didn't influence the outcome of the game.

Workington defended excellently and looked much sharper with ball in hand throughout the game. Beside a 10 minute spell at the end of the first half you also played with a greater intensity and with more intelligence. You deserved to win.

Very few Batley fans are bitter towards your club or in relation to yesterday's result. What we are is worried and gutted in equal measure about our club's malaise after 6 successive defeats, and lots of rumours about a dispirited dressing room, players leaving, etc.

Hence why this is the topic of discussion primarily. We aren't using the aforementioned issues as an excuse for you beating us, and you shouldn't allow these in anyway to denigrate from an excellent victory for you. What we are doing is commenting on the bigger picture within our club at the moment, rather than one individual result. We aren't sore about just yesterday as a number of us expected defeat on current form, but we most certainly are about our slump and the position we find ourselves in, as I suspect you guys would be if in the same position.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Nick07, thank you for a sensible reply without any bitterness.

I was the first Town fan to post on here after reading Chairman LMAO,s first post where he states it is his "observations of the day". In that piece his only mention of Workington was that they were the recipients of two debatable tries, although that is only in his opinion.

I know that Workington defended very well, especially in the second half, when we could have laid down and let Batley run all over us as we did in the NR Cup match but we didn't and all I was looking for in my first post was just a little recognition that Batley's defeat wasn't all to do with Batley's problems at the moment. After my first post a lot of bitter posts were made which were not necessary.

Reading your coaches comments this morning it appears that he was happy with a 8 - 1 penalty count in his favour in the first half but the game apparently swung when he saw the Town coach speak to Laughton coming out for the second half when Town won the penalty count 6 - 3.

I am sorry that you and your club are in such turmoil at the moment as I thought when you played at Workington early in the season you would have been one of the top 2 but at 5th place in the league you are much better off than a lot of other clubs.

For further clarity (!) my post was about Batley on a Batley forum. I'm not interested in praising our opposition so my comments weren't designed to massage the egos of Workington fans. I am really struggling to understand why this is so hard for Town fans to understand!

good post nick07. and thanks for giving some views on the towns performance. hope you can turn your form around soon as you were certainly the best team to visit derwent park this year and as keith said i thought it would be between you and fev for top spot.

Very disappointed with our boys yesterday, don't blame the ref or tjs in any way, we again let ourselves down with ill discipline in the second half conceding field position allowing Workington back into the game.

First half was pretty solid only one lapse resulting in their try, thought the blonde haired half back for town was excellent, till he got injured.

Second half was going ok till we started creeping offside and high tackling. Certainly Towns second try went forward I was in line with it but I thought a Batley hand knocked it forward, also no idea about the last try being offside, my only concern was a big bloke running up the field with only Ben Black in pursuit, any one of our speedy backs should have easily caught him had they bothered too.

Well done town, a fair result no complaints from me, we need to play smarter be more discliplined, and have a little lady luck.

Just read rugby league express kear coments and can tell he wasnt happy with the officals said workington coach having a go at lawton over the penalty count . Suprise suprise we ave seven sets without the ball also upset at kicking on 3rd tackle while in the lead wouldnt want to be in that dressingroom . Also shows that lawton took notice of the workington coach ????

Just read rugby league express kear coments and can tell he wasnt happy with the officals said workington coach having a go at lawton over the penalty count . Suprise suprise we ave seven sets without the ball also upset at kicking on 3rd tackle while in the lead wouldnt want to be in that dressingroom . Also shows that lawton took notice of the workington coach ????

workington coach said nowt to lawton as i were sat within 12 feet of him, to be fair his assistant had a couple of moans to the 4th official at side a pitch couple a times and he were right as some the desisions going our way were wrong but thats just ronnie not been able to keep up with the game, cant blame ref of tg.s for the way we played out the secong half, throwing long balls out wide thats went to ground 4 times.and missing players out when we had options nearby set up for a run at the sticks,stupid head highs,greedy play yet again near the line when  simple rugby would a done. and a pass to a big lad would do the trick everytime rather than get stuck with the ball time after time, as already mentioned the last  try might have had a touch of offside but bigdeal we should have been able to catch the player before halfway line with our pacey lads but they dident even set off  in chase eccept ben black. forget all the refs this and touchie that we were diar and have gone from a team who could and should have bet the giants on the day but that would never have been allowed same as 3 years before, to a team thats split into the 100% effort lads and the cruisers ready for next season who dont give a s***, i know all teams are having changes for next season but if whats been said is true then we look like bringing in 20+ players to start a fresh for 2014.cant see us winning another game this season on that showing. :(:bye:

Our discipline has been absolutely appalling in recent weeks. The Whitehaven game was one of the worst displays of petulance that I've ever seen from a team. We lost the game due to a ridiculous high tackle from a player (resulting in a yellow card) that came on the back of three-four consecutive headshots for which the referee had administered a team warning. Beyond belief.

Yeah i couldnt believe no other back made effort to to turn and chase agree with that. Like i said it was in the express so dont know .

I'm just enjoying our win matey that's all!! Nothing personnel!!

I think you'll find the modern phrase is 'Nothing Human Resources'.  ;)

Sorry HH, couldn't resist.

On a serious note all jokes aside what is the crack with the knocked down wall on the other half of the stadium? The ground is a great rugby ground nicely set out but the view of the crumbling wall spoils it, is there some construction due or is it like many other grounds, the finance aspect?

On a serious note all jokes aside what is the crack with the knocked down wall on the other half of the stadium? The ground is a great rugby ground nicely set out but the view of the crumbling wall spoils it, is there some construction due or is it like many other grounds, the finance aspect?

its work in progress to improve the old terrace that is still left.....everytime we can raise a few quid....a bit more gets done....

that side of the ground had been cordened off due to state of the old terracing...due to health and safety